Wednesday, February 27

My morning!


I once thought that getting my kids to bed by nine was doing prettty good. I really enjoyed sleeping in so that time worked out perfect for me. Then Brian was home at night more so we started to put the kids to bed at seven. Now this has been great because we actually get to spend time together everyday. And not just an hour but we get to spend several just hanging out like newlyweds. (you know before the kids and not being able to leave the house unless apart!) However the down side to this is that the girls don't seem to want to sleep for 14 hours like they use to. They sleep for 12 hours which means that at 7 am I am crawling out of bed half awake to watch Dora while we all wake up. Every once in a while I come up with a perfect solution to waking up to the sound of Isa screaming "Layla where are you? Layla Layla Layla Layla" for 20 minutes while I come out of a dream where we are lost at the mall. The solution is to just stay up after I get up to say prayers with Brian before he goes to work. Well on the days he goes in at 6 that seems great an hour to wake up, maybe read, shower (that hardly ever happens without an audiance) and many other things. But then his job wants him in at 5:30 and that just seems crazy! Anyways I think tomorrow is a day i try to slowly get out of bed after he leaves. I realize it is early and I am not a morning person but really how much extra sleep am I getting. You know how it is it takes like 20 minutes to finally settle in the bed alone and fall back asleep. Then I get woken up by the garbage truck, the dog, the neighbors alarm and last the sound of Isa yelling to see if anyone else is awake yet. So wish me luck as I get up before the sun is up and try to salviage a little time each day for myself. I know that Brian thinks it is great to come home and see us sitting on the couch all curled up together, usually with me asleep. Who can't resist this big morning hair but i think it might be a nice change if I smelled fresh and clean when he walks in the door! Oh well I'll stop rambling!

2 comments:

  1. Haha- this is totally me in the morning time (minus one kid). I think that all kids should go to be at 7 and wake up at Noon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely HATE waking up in the morning. Boston wakes up at 8 and I think that's bad! I don't know what I would do if he woke up any earlier! When I hear him on the monitor I hope that maybe he'll go back to sleep...but that doesn't happen. I guess this is all apart of parenthood?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...