Life is hard and I find myself fighting to keep myself sane at least once a day. There have been many people that have inspired my life and given me hope that no matter what the Lord is watching out for me and is there if only I ask. The two men that have taught me the most about myself, God, life and the whole meaning behind it all are these two men President Gordon B Hinckley and my husband. President Hinckley gave me guidance in his words, his love and his example since I was 14 years old. I remember going to hear him speak in Kansas City where I lived and truly knowing that the lesson he was teaching was inspired of God and meant for me to grow from. Not soon after I met Brian and totally fell in love young and probably silly at the time. Over the last 11 years I have gone through more stress, heartache, joy, love, pain, suffering, trial and growth. I owe this to these two men. Men who never give up on the person I can become. I get up every morning and as President Hinckley says, "try a little harder... do a little better". I know that when I fell short of the person I want to be Brian is there to believe in me. Sometimes I think that is all it takes, someone that sees more in you then you see in yourself, someone who sees the person you can become and won't let you give up before you get there. I am thankful for the many lessons I have learned from President Hinckley and will continue to learn as I study the lessons he has taught. And I am most thankful for my husband who continues to teach me what this life is all about. Nothing in easy and at times we can get overwhelmed. But when you find something (or in my case someone) worth all the hard times you will be surprised what you can endure and grow from. I am grateful that I will have eternity to continue to learn along side him. So I will leave a little note here to wish him a Happy Birthday, may this year be the best one yet!!!!! XOXOXOXWednesday, February 6
MY INSPIRATION
Life is hard and I find myself fighting to keep myself sane at least once a day. There have been many people that have inspired my life and given me hope that no matter what the Lord is watching out for me and is there if only I ask. The two men that have taught me the most about myself, God, life and the whole meaning behind it all are these two men President Gordon B Hinckley and my husband. President Hinckley gave me guidance in his words, his love and his example since I was 14 years old. I remember going to hear him speak in Kansas City where I lived and truly knowing that the lesson he was teaching was inspired of God and meant for me to grow from. Not soon after I met Brian and totally fell in love young and probably silly at the time. Over the last 11 years I have gone through more stress, heartache, joy, love, pain, suffering, trial and growth. I owe this to these two men. Men who never give up on the person I can become. I get up every morning and as President Hinckley says, "try a little harder... do a little better". I know that when I fell short of the person I want to be Brian is there to believe in me. Sometimes I think that is all it takes, someone that sees more in you then you see in yourself, someone who sees the person you can become and won't let you give up before you get there. I am thankful for the many lessons I have learned from President Hinckley and will continue to learn as I study the lessons he has taught. And I am most thankful for my husband who continues to teach me what this life is all about. Nothing in easy and at times we can get overwhelmed. But when you find something (or in my case someone) worth all the hard times you will be surprised what you can endure and grow from. I am grateful that I will have eternity to continue to learn along side him. So I will leave a little note here to wish him a Happy Birthday, may this year be the best one yet!!!!! XOXOXOX
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HI! You're awesome! Go lose some weight! I gained 70 with both kids and lost all but 20 per kid. *sigh* I've got a long ways to go. You'll do so great!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a cool post! He was such an awesome man!
ReplyDeleteYou look great!! I saw your christmas card picture at Bettie and Steve's. Take care!!
Tag, you're it.....go to my blog for directions.
ReplyDelete