Today when I sat down for my morning check up on life, friends, and family I found a note from a long lost friend. As I read the sweet words spoken of the mission they left just seven years ago I felt old, different, and some what lost. Some days when I wake up to the quiet of the morning and only my thoughts to interrupt I feel alive, young. On this particular morning I am amazed at how just a few short years has changed my life. I am constantly in ah of my lack of understanding in my future. I once merely nine years ago while sitting at a desk on the second floor of an old warn bank, could have described my life perfectly down to the brick steps that would lead to my front door. But today as I sit in the hall of my parents home awaiting the seventh of October when I once again have a place to call mine, seem confused at the change just a discussion or two, mine or others, make.
What would life be like if my path had not turned just slightly and taken a mere pause. And then I hear the pitter patter of little feet and high pitched voices much to cheerful for the hour and sigh. Only the Lord knows what is best for me and the path I am suppose to take. He guided me however difficult I made it to this point in my life so that I would know he is with me. This path isn't always easy. You have heard me speak of how difficult a struggle I find motherhood at times. And marriage only takes more work and patience than that. But on this half smoggy half sunny morning it all seems so clear and my life seems just right.
As I watch those around me younger and just as naive as I once was think that they choose their path in life, I chuckle. Our path is all laid out, it is simple, and clear. Only we complicate the life someone who knows more has set out for us. I am thankful that my life wasn't left in my hands and I was able to hear the sweet quiet words of the one who knows more. Life isn't easy, it is hard and at times makes you feel very incapable. But it is these moments of clarity that remind me that I am not alone and don't have to try to do anything all by myself!


Crazy what life brings!
Good post. I like.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading this post! Wise words and I completely agree!
ReplyDeleteThank you for reminding me!
ReplyDeleteI love the look of your blog, and would love to know how to make a signature, and put the little embellishments on the side!
Thanks! I needed that. Miss you.
ReplyDeleteMe too, I agree. Also I love your signature, how did you do that?
ReplyDelete