Wednesday, September 23

Need help coming up with a gift!!!!


Okay so my best friend from beauty school is getting married and her shower is this weekend. I am trying to get her a nice gift on a tight budget and am coming up with nothing. Since she has been working since we got out of school she has everything she needs really. i mean she owns her own home while her fiance is finishing building their new house. She has a registry and everything there are the last bit of kitchen stuff single people don't usually have. I mean if you think of it she has it.

SO---- the one thing on there I thought I might be able to work with are a set of 10 glasses. They are these pictured below---


The only thing is it is boring. I thought I would fill them with something and then give them as a big set. I thought hey I could put them together and it could be really cute... but WHAT DO I PUT IN THEM???? 

So Any ideas are welcome? Bring them on I am in desperate need!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. on one of the blogs that i frequent, it has a cookie recipe that you could put in each jar. Its super cute and only cost like $15 total for about 8-10 jars. heres the web link http://www.bakerella.com/mix-things-up/
    hope that this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I saw a cute idea with just one glass similar to this, but the lady put cute filler paper (it's like little tiny strips of krinkly paper, but tissue paper would work) in the bottom and then filled it up with different wooden spoons. You could do a set of those glasses - maybe 6 of them? - and then fill each one of them with different kitchen items. Like, wooden spoons in one, maybe a nice pair of kitchen scissors in another, maybe a cute tablespoon/teaspoon measuring set. I dunno.

    The wedding gift you gave us is about my favorite thing -- it was that big nice basket (which Sam now uses as his fake car) and you filled it with spices and a cookbook and I think some kitchen scissors. Anyway, it was really a nice and very thoughtful gift...and is it awful that I still use some of the spices you gave me!?! Truly and honestly. There, you have my confessions. Now I'm going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah -- I also like the cookie jar cookie mix idea. You could do a few different things -- a soup mix, a cookie mix, a brownie mix, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cookie mix idea...that's what I first thought, but maybe you could put hair accessories in each or something. Or maybe do what Julianne said with one cookie mix, a cup of popcorn kernels with recipe for caramel corn in another, etc. Then maybe put them in a basket or if you could find a little crate (because you know those are always just laying around :) and surround them by sodas in bottles or something...hmmm. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd paint her a picture. that's what i do when i'm strapped for cash. but then again, i have all the supplies laying around. i think everyone's suggestions are great. i, too, thought of cookie recipes...but i thought of putting flour in one jar, sugar in another, chocolate chips in another, etc. good luck! i know it's hard to get gifts for people who have everything! that's when you really need to get creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious as to what you ended up doing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...