Friday, September 18

Finding our roots!!!

Today the girls and I decided to go back to our heritage and learn to make tortillas. I have been dying to learn for a while. My parents were great and got me a tortilla press and warming holder for my birthday. So today we put them to good use. I never realized how EASY tortillas are to make. So Easy that i didn't make any... the girls made them ALL!!!! Here are my proud little chefs in training!









P.S. I just want to say My dad is the best!
He loves his granddaughters, even if it means coloring on the floor!




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of your tortilla press! We've been making tortilla's for years and it's worth it for so many reasons, but rolling out each one by hand can be quite laborious! (Thankfully Nathan doesn't mind using his muscles to take care of that part when he's around :-).) I'm glad you were able to make them yourself, it is quite a yummy hidden treat! Homemade tortilla's win hands down! Someday we'll have to get a press... I've been trying to figure out corn tortilla's too, sounds like those would be much easier with a handy tool! Have fun with your new toys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...