Tuesday, February 7

I am so proud of my Baby!

I am sitting here at the computer edema free (for the most part that is) with a lovely blood pressure of 114/70 which is high for me but really healthy for the world I suppose. And thankfully I can say I have no spilling protein and thus no bed rest. My visit to the doctor today was wonderful and he is very proud of me and little man. He said I am really making him look good. Nothing is nicer than having him walk in all smiles and say "what is this normal blood pressure thing you have at 33 weeks?" I really am proud that I can say that today is the first night of uncharted territory. My little Isa made it so much farther in development then her sister and only stayed in the NICU for 10 days without ever being on oxygen and that big day marker in pregnancy was this morning. Now our little guy is beating his sisters and doing so wonderful.

I am also very happy to know that his baby doesn't have to stay in forever since he is HUGE and making me understand why women cry out to get the baby out and get it out now toward the end of pregnancy. The braxton hicks contractions people speak of that apparently don't hurt are make me want to curl into a ball and sob for about 1 minutes until I think my uterus might just make it without pushing the low riding man out. Thankfully if I drink 10 gallons of water they don't come around much. That just means a million trips to the restroom in which the last 100 have me waddling and near tears because my guy has taken up residence beating up my pelvic bone with his head and fists. It's fun this pregnancy thing I tell you fun.

However in the quiet hours when I get a bit stressed and worry about how in the world I am going to manage three kids or if this little guy is going to be healthy, he gets the hiccups and then brushed my belly with his foot and reassures me that everything is going to be alright. And I go to bed with a nice massage from the best husband in the world and get ready to start another day.

Sleep is something of a dream that only comes in short bursts and means a lot of moaning as I take 5 minutes to roll from side to side all while hubby half awake asks if he can help and then falls asleep before I even catch my breath to answer. But alas every time I roll over he wakes up to ask and that is just about as sweet as he can be with the 4 to 5 hours of sleep he is running on while preparing and taking finals.




Good news for the day is that in less than three weeks when I hit the 36 weeks mark little man is free to arrive. Since he is developing so well and larger than average the pediatrician and my doctor are sure he will do perfectly well from that point on. So if I go into labor which is something i never thought possible or I start to get high blood pressure or spill protein then our little guy will come via c-section as planned. If he holds out until he is scheduled then we will be headed to the hospital early in the morning on March 20th.

Either way I am really thankful and know this is our little miracle sent to let us know that we are blessed for taking a huge risk and trusting the Lord to bring the child we knew was waiting into our family. All I can say is I am very thankful for the temple and the opportunity we have to create eternal families.

P.S. I am also very thankful that our temple is almost done and we will be helping out and taking friends through in just 2 short months. Who knew I would finally have a temple here in what is my good old Kansas City Home!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of this little man! He is doing so great! And so are you! I am so, so happy and grateful that our prayers for you have been answered. I'm excited that you will get to take home a nice healthy chubby little boy! I just can't wait to see his precious face! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! yay! yay! for (relatively) low blood pressure and a growing baby man!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...