Saturday, February 25

Anytime now baby anytime

I have officially hit my goal week of 36 weeks today. And you know it is only by a miracle that I did. We have definitely seen the Lord's hand in our lives. The more we work at doing as he would have us do and take care of our little family and those around us that have needed us the more blessings we have seen in our lives. I am so thankful for this wonderful blessing we have been given to experience the birth of a child on time, we will get to hold him moments after he is born. We will not have to wait and wonder his chances of survival. That is a blessing that we have waited over 7 years for and it is finally just around the corner.

Little man is not so little anymore. He is at least 7 pounds now and technically I still have another 25 days until I am scheduled for my c-section. Thankfully I need a c-section because he is so large they don't think I would be able to give birth naturally. I know that is an amazing blessing and experience but you know just getting to hold him on his first day of life is miracle enough for us.

We are now in the waiting boat to see if I go into labor naturally. It is so anxiety driven for me because I feel so unprepared. I really didn't even think about it ever over my whole pregnant/married life. I was caught off guard with Layla and after that thought it would never happen to me. Now that I am here just waiting for these painful contractions to actually become regular is making me a bit crazy. However it is a fun experience for our family. Brian goes back to school on Monday which should be fun. He is going into one of the most intense sections for the year so that should be fun to have a baby in the middle of. Oh and not to mention that our doctor is out of town the one week the girls are off school and brian is less busy and is a week before our scheduled c-section. that is sure to be when little man comes when mom is stressed to have some surgeon she does not know slice her open and sew her up. My doctor is aparently amazing and you heal fantastic, that is why I picked him. That and he is so fun and makes me really feel looked after. He has been up to date on my case every week and when I see him around he always knows who I am and checks up on you. It is kind of like being in Reburg again where you do to church with you OB.

So now we wait! Anytime I go into labor now I am good to go into the surgery no time to wait, brian will have about a half hour or so to get to the hopsital once I get there so he is going to be ON CALL every second and ready to drop the world to meet me 25 minutes away. Thankfully our doctor is also an alumni and is super great so he will wait as long as we need for him to get there. And I do feel a bit better that the doctors that are covering for my doc when he is gone are also guest lecturers for brian's school.They take good care of their own and they tell everything to you straight which we love. So we will keep you posted on what our man in doing but it all clear skys from here on out!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you Marilee! How exciting that you only have 20 days until a completely full term pregnancy, what a blessing!!!! I'm so happy that you haven't had to deal with the stresses of the pregnancy/delivery of the girls. Can't wait for your missionary to get here! Boys are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...