Saturday, February 25

The Carseat Cover

So we are trying to be really thrifty with this baby and keep our budget small since we are poor students still with a lot of debt piling up with medical school and two kids in elementary! So we are using a carset my brother had for his daughter that my mom purchased. However it was PINK and when I say pink I mean it was FLAMING PINK and that just won't do for my boy who needs to feel manly as much as he can since he lives with a house full of girls and glitter. I made a carset cover for my friend once and it turned out pretty good. I decided to take it a bit further and try to redo the whole thing from scratch using the backing of the old carseat as my guide and padding. it turned out just as I hoped and I love it. Here it is and the tutorial!





I love her tutorials I use a lot of them for my projects. She uses enough pictures that I never get lost and can easy follow a long without getting too frustrated! I think the carseat came out perfect for what I wanted. I was going for manly. We just have to get him a head rest/body rest to keep him snug and he is good to go!

3 comments:

  1. Marilee! I am so impressed with your craftiness. Everything looks great. I don't even own a sewing machine. Glad to hear that little boy is healthy. Hopefully I'll get to meet him next time we visit Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. I am so officially impressed. This is awesome. Seriously. As I scrolled down through each project (hats, burp cloths, quilts, and now this) I was getting more in awe and now this. This is so great. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. marilee this is amazing! i have tried doing that and it's no easy task (for me). it looks professionally done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...