Tuesday, January 24

Baby update

Well my little boy is growing like no other little person has before. It is an everyday question and worry that today will be the day that everything turns worse but we are putting our faith to the test that no matter what all will be okay. So far so good. My buddy is now a bit over four pounds which exceeds his sister Layla's birth weight of 3 pounds and 11 ounces. So I have great faith I will not have to hold another barely 3 pound baby as I did with her when she first lost weight in the NICU. Next he is tall with a big belly and lots of hair. The legs I understand since his sisters both have long chicken legs, the belly well he gets that from both parents, and the hair well he wouldn't be my child if he didn't come out with a head full so that is all to be expected.

I am so grateful that thus far I am still up and going and doing well. I have to say boys carry different and that means a lot of pelvic pain but I am trying to take it well since I hate the back pain I had with both the girls. Also I have hit that stage in pregnancy that I must hit the bathroom before sitting down with friends because lets be honest laughing can be a dangerous thing!

Every day is one more day closer to our goal and more growth for my man. Layla would be here in only 3 and a half days. I can't even imagine how I survived with any sanity. But the Lord took care of us and we made it through. The next big marker is that with Isa I was already on bedrest. Her mark to pass is on February 6th. We are hoping and praying to make it because that is the middle of finals week and although we can reschedule finals if need be it would be much better if we could make it to thursday afternoon just two days longer than we have ever made it before because then daddy has over two weeks off of school!

My blood pressure is a bit up nothing big just more "normal" a high of 118/70. For me that means I slow down a bit and watch my weight and swelling carefully. Normal people would be thrilled with those numbers as 120/80 is typically the healthy goal. I like to stay low, always have always will and think 100/60 is just right. But you know I have cried and been strapped up to a million monitors and had everyone crazy when I hit a nice 180/100 so I can't complain or worry too much.

Here is to little man betting the odds of 97% chance of the same problems thus far. We aren't shooting for perfect 40 weeks but we will take every extra day we can and put 37 weeks as our miracle.

Now time to clean my messy messy house that was clean this morning when our special visitor left. Of course I have no Brain and did not take a single picture but I will post our fun and thoughts tomorrow when i take another much needed blogging break!

3 comments:

  1. Oh so, so, so glad that things are going well! yay! for a healthy, big baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he is still "cooking" hope he makes it full term!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a little late...since I haven't heard anything I assume all is still going well. I sure am keeping you guys in my prayers! I am so glad that so far things are going better this time around - every day is a blessing!

    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...