Wednesday, March 30

Our Newly Colored Home

I have wanted to paint our apartment more for a while. And FINALLY we decided to do it. Mostly because my mom was on a painting kick and offered to do it for us (along with pay for paint) and really who can pass that up. So we picked out the perfect shade of sage and went to town. We actually ended up using all of the paint because we moved into the girls bathroom as well and painted most of that room. Which has made a major difference. And since no home is complete without moving a little furniture I went ahead and moved a few things around in our kitchen and made it new. I LOVE it so much and it is just the little change I needed to make it feel fresh. 

I am so glad that we can do whatever we want to our apartment. It makes it feel like home. Plus I am glad we decided to stay where we are at. Most of our ward that goes to school lives in subsidized housing. And that is great for them but for me I needed a few key things more than simply saving money (however I know they save at least 600 a month more than us). I needed to live close to my parents. Partly because I go over there at least once a week to pick something up or drop it off or just to hang out with my mom. Also because when  I need to watch my niece it makes it SO easy to have her super close. I also wanted the perfect school for the girls. And it took a lot of research but I found an elementary I LOVE in the best district with a great middle school they feed into. And when it comes to things I want for my kids the BEST education is at the top. I also wanted them in a stable environment. I want the kids they go to school with to be there all 5 years. And they will be. The girls will be in 4 and 5th grade when we move on to residency and might possibly move. And last but not least, I wanted to live in this part of Overland Park. I have everything within walking distance if I need it. We have the school less than a mile away with two parks and a ton of walking trials. Movie theater, grocery store, bank, cleaners, sam's, and gas within 1/2 mile. It is perfect for us. And Brian is just a block or two away from the highway he takes to get to school. That means he can get to downtown in 20 minutes. 

So I am making this our home for good and making it my own. We also got a new bedroom set. Last year my crib got recalled and since I save everything I kept my receipt from 6 years ago and got everything i paid for it back. And I bought the same crib only in cocoa when it went on clearance and had the new updates and remodels. I saved a good $125 and thought we should use it for our room. We have had the same bedroom set since Layla was born. And I thought it was due for a change. I had to keep red in the room since i have fabulous curtains and a giant wall already painted. So here is what we came up with. If you hate it then oh well, I LOVE IT! 
Also I recovered our computer chair and made the corner of our bedroom into a mini office space. It makes our room seem more organized. And we moved the giant TV which made so much space for us. All in all I love the new little renovations and remodels and are itching for more.

P.S. I am lazy so i will post more photos later but that would mean i need to clean and well we are relaxing today!

2 comments:

  1. So great! I agree, everyone needs a refresher every once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the sage and pillows. I'm glad you and Aunt Jean have each other close by to do such fun things with!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...