ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS.......
An uninterrupted night of sleep
Is it really too much to ask my children that when I spend 30 minutes getting them all together and settled in their beds that they STAY THERE until dawn. They get up for about an hour minimum every single night. Not always both and not for the same reasons but one of them keeps getting up. And IF they go to bed well they will come get us in the middle of the night. By they I usually mean Isa. Layla has bad dreams about 4 times a week but you don't usually have to go in just wait and she will dose back off just fine. Isa on the other hand you have to calm down and she HAS to cuddle for a few minutes before you can put her to bed. She comes into our room at least once a night almost 6 times a week and stays cuddles then we take her back. This is partly our fault for ever letting them come up into the bed in the first place. But with Isa and her summer sleeping drama it was the only way we found that she would keep from having too many episodes each week. Now she has only had one and that has been a blessing over the last two months. But she comes up and crawls between us often.
And as cute as it is to have this tiny person lay her head on my shoulder wrap a little arm around my arm and then wiggle her little feet by my knee and sweetly drift off in 2 seconds flat, I WANT SLEEP!!! Brian and I are night people and stay up talking, cuddling, or working on homework. And yes I said Brian and I because WE work on homework. We sit up and discuss at length the ethical topics they debate in class. It is our time together. And for our whole married life we have been students and that means family then homework. And so we stay up. But when I do go to bed i want to sleep straight for 6 hours. The girls are great they sleep a lot but not without waking. They are like babies getting us up every 2 or 3 hours ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT!!! So for christmas children I want one night where I can go to bed at midnight and wake up at six to pee and realize "this is the first time i woke tonight!"
I know wishful thinking right! But maybe!

ditto, ditto, ditto.
ReplyDelete