It all started when I saw this post on Make it and Love it I thought the shirt was so stinking cute. But I am so scared of messing up my clothes by sewing on them that I dug and dug until I found the perfect shirt. Bright pink and has a big hole above the boob. Not so cute! So I pulled out material scraps and searched for a match. And then I remembered that my mom gave me my grandmother's old t-shirts thinking I would wear them. Not that i am too good for my grandma's hand me downs it is just that she weights 85 pounds and lets just say i am much more than that. So I dove in and cut up my shirt.
I followed the basics of the tutorial found above except i just used one small circle pattern, the size of my kitchen glasses, and made 18 circles. You need 6 for each flower. And I am not a "neat" seamstress so i made it more freehand. (P.S. on the wish list for christmas is one of those free form machine foots!)
close up of detail
Also I went to a Super Saturday a several weeks ago for our ward and help teach the bow making station. Basically that meant I sat and chatted with my friend Whitney until one or two made their way over. But I did learn a few tricks to add to my knowledge bank about bow making. Here are a bunch of bows I made for myself.
I am not a big fan of fixing my hair all neat and tidy. Basically i just grab a handful of hair and start pinning. I then make sure it isn't too tight around my face and maybe pull out a loose stand to neatly graze my face. I love long hair for one reason, I can make my shampoo last a good 3 or 4 days with this style!
Some of the tutorials I have come to love for bow making are found at
i like that you say you are not a "neat" sewer. ME NEITHER! who has the time?
ReplyDeletethis is really great. i wonder if you could make a baby quilt like this? or embellish a skirt hem? and by "you" i mean definitely you, not me.