Monday, December 13

I'm getting Lazy

Can you tell that I am totally slacking here on my blog lately. I am not sure if it is that I basically want to sleep the winter away most days which leads me to post-pone posts for lengthy periods of time. Or maybe it is my inability to string together eloquent words that would produce a coherent thought that I deem worthy to post here for all those to read. Maybe it is simply the fact that I feel like I am boring and no one really cares to read the inner most thoughts and feels of a not so witty, pajama dressed, student wife and mother. Whatever the case I have slacked. There for I am going to put load a bazillion photos with minimal comments thus catching up at least a sliver! 

Let me introduce you to Mr. Dog 
He comes home with Layla about once or twice a month. Stays the night and heads back with a story about his adventures neatly writing by his best bud Layla. 

THE BIG NUMBER 6
Layla was really into her clothes this year. 
We actually did a fashion show for us to show off all her new outfits!

And of course Isa decided she needed a lot of help since of course birthdays are all about sisterhood!
The cake! This is always their favorite part!
This year for a gift instead of simply getting Layla a book Brian took her on a daddy daughter date to the book fair. It was a night full of food and many many books!
This was the big "special" book this year! We absolutely love these books and anyone who knows Layla knows these are SO HER books!
This year we started a new tradition, make your own dinner for your birthday! I really hope that this does not stick around for my birthday, but Layla LOVED IT!
Homemade waffles are BIG in our house. None of that box crap around here!
Scrambled eggs were a little tricky and ended up cooking on low forever as to not burn the little chef!

Off to school on her actual birthday dressed in her favorite new outfit, Jeggings (that don't ever stay up, stinking skinny girl) and a glitter shirt with matching headband!
And what is a birthday without a trip to build a bear to get new clothes for a buddy!

It was really a birthday week this year cause Saturday we headed on over to the circus for some last minute birthday celebrating! Layla was the only one brave enough to ride the elephant but had a blast doing it!

The girls got a kick out of the "Sophie" dogs! 


All in all it was a wonderful birthday and  Layla really knew how much we love her!
Aren't they stinking cute, when they want to be!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday! I love how the jeggings are still so loose on her. skinny girl is right!

    ps-don't worry, I'm kind of slacking on my blogging too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looked like she had a heck of a birthday...I can't beleive she is 6 years old. I bet she has no idea who I am but I remember how beautiful she was when she was a baby...Love your family Mare keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...