Monday, June 1

When does it start to feel like home????

Alright so we have been here for weeks now and I still think to myself when I find yet another thing I don't like about KS.... "I WANT TO GO HOME!" I really want to make this home but for some reason I am in limbo and can't seem to feel comfortable here. So to all those who have moved away and started over, when does the new place feel like home?

P.S. I miss my friends I think the most.... who knew that woman elsewhere are so different!

4 comments:

  1. I seem to have moved a lot in my married years. It is never easy and takes me a long while to adjust....like 6 months to a year (granted I usually have just had a baby right after moving). Give yourself time and decide that you are going to go out of your way to be a friend and do things for others (even though you might feel it should be the other way since you are the new one). Service always helps. I bet it will get better too when you are in your own place. Maybe you and Marci should get together for a play date. She lives out there in Lenexa. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tracy. On average, I've felt like it's taken about 6 months. You jump in, try to get involved and everything, but some days you look around and realize that all your friends are far away, your favorite restaurants are far away, your routines are far away...Like I said, it seems like 6 months down the road I finally start to feel like I'm making new friends and making my house my home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me until this spring, around April, to feel at home here, and so that was 11 months. It was at that time that I really started to accept the ward members, get really involved in taking Sam to places, and I started running again and getting to know the lay of the land. Doing that almost always seems to help me feel like I know where I am.

    Sucks to move. We've done it 10 times in our almost 4 years....booo....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew home in the midwest would feel so unhomey? Yeah moving is overrated. I agree with Tracy-if you want to make friends YOU have to do it even though it does seem upside down. And I agree with Julianne going on walks or runs will help you to get a grounded, face to face feel of the neighborhood around you. We've been here in Salt Lake for a year and a half and I finally felt comfortable around a year, now even more so. I think it sometimes takes all the seasons to get used to a place, bc then when next spring comes around you'll be like oh yeah I remember how it works here. Idk. I guess take my advice with a grain of salt. We've only moved 5 times in 4 years---Jan's got us beat big time! Love ya-you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...