I am on the road to feeling good but it isn't an easy one. With Med School soon approaching (hopefully) Brian needs to get into shape and finally loose all the excess to be eligible for the military scholarship. My dad is feeling a little tired these days from the extra 5 pounds while my mom wants to tighten up the almost 60 body. I in addition wish to finally shed the extra 40 pounds that are really slowly me down physically and emotionally. It stinks to not feel like yourself. I know a lot of this is due to my ever changing thyroid levels but i think dropping the weight will help it level out a bit. So I am fighting an uphill battle with a house full of help. We are all eating healthy and hoping to get fit and feel good.
Now comes my dilemma.... working out? I have no idea what to do! I HATE the tredmill because it kills my chins I can walk out doors but it has to be done either at 6 am which means I don't go back to sleep after getting up at 4:30 am with my hubby... this will result in me really crabby by noon! Or I can walk WITH the girls pushing them at 7 or 8 before it gets terribly hot. If I knew a good way to work this weight off I would love it but i don't! Anyone that has any advice at all I would LOVE IT!!!! I have never had to worry about weight too much... usually I eat healthy and my body does the rest NOT NOW I think I have the opposite effect lately. Oh well at least I am trying right!
It's just getting into the habit of it. That's what's so hard. It's doing everyday even when it sucks for like 3 weeks straight, then it gets a little easier because it's a habit-not because it's easy. I do Turbo Jam and run. I like work out DVD's because you can do it anytime, whether it's nice outside or really hot or raining or humid. Maybe you can get the girls to watch a movie while you do it? But anyway, I've never had definition in my arms before this video (and I tried!) and now I have some so I like it. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteMe and a couple friends down here get together and do exercise vidoes in the morning. We let our kids play together, and us moms just pop in a video we borrow from the library. You could also just get everyone to do it after you put the kids to bed!
ReplyDeleteThe cartoon is hillarious! (and soooo true)
ReplyDeleteAllen and I have been working out together since Feb. (so we are still new to this) Some days it is VERY hard to be motivated. We can't ever seem to get started before 10, which gets us done between 11 - 11:30. Then bed by 1 and up by 5:30. It is a killer.
The only reason I keep at it is because it seems to be the only time Allen and I get to be alone. We laugh at ourselves and sometimes even have fun:)
I think the key is to find a buddy who can motivate you and laugh with you. That is the ONLY thing that keeps me going.
Good Luck!!!!
Stream exercise videos through brian's xbox using the netflix app. (xbox live). I love this because I have a huge variety to choose from and I can do it with Payton or when the kids go down for naps. Plus you don't have to buy all of the videos you would like to try. This only works if you already have netflix. Tell me more about what you're doing. I still have 20 more to reach my goal and need a little added motivation.
ReplyDelete