Saturday, June 6

"I give up. I guess I need to start collecting newspapers and magazines, find a blue bathrobe, lose my front teeth."

Mother's day belated Post!!!!
Who knew at these beginning days what I was really getting myself into!!!

Okay when people told me that I would be busy with kids and dream of the quiet simple times I thought they were kidding but really they just down played what i call life. Every morning the girls come into my room jump right on top of me push me aside a wait for me to turn on their cartoons. I climb out of bed head to the bathroom just to look up and see six eyes on me waiting for me to begin my day of carrying out endless to do lists. 

this is what we look like almost ever morning... happy girls, sleepy mom!
  1. get breakfast
  2. take dog out
  3. fill up snack boxes
  4. play
  5. clean
  6. play some more
  7. take the dog out again
  8. cook lunch
  9. turn on tv to keep kids at bay while I cook lunch
  10. clean up after lunch
The list never ends. My favorite place to hide is the bathroom but somehow over the last couple years they have figured out my secret. I don't remember the last shower I didn't almost die in because i turned around to find someone watching me. Or the last time i didn't have to talk to someone while i used the restroom. 

However there are moments even in these crazy of days that I think people who put off children are CRAZY... who wouldn't want to have someone say in the tenderest of voices while rubbing their cheek..."You know mom, I really love you!" 

Even though I feel a little crazy and can't keep track of when i last showered and feel like the old spinster on the block of perfectly dressed moms here i love my life and if getting used to never having a moment to myself is part of being a mom then i will happily except the job.

( Just don't hold me to that all the time.... it is easy at times to forget, finding the these clear moments are the trick to life as a stay at home mom!)


5 comments:

  1. I SO agree! Being a mom is 100% awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true. Even on the craziest days I think, "What else would I rather be doing?" And there's nothing. Being a mom might drive me insane, but there's nothing more fulfilling in life, nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the quotes all from the same movie? I don't them yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder of what truly is the biggest blessing, and most important part of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for that post--seriously! I needed to hear that from another mom!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...