Okay so Thursday for now is Brian's free day. I have been needing some out of the house time and to get away from Rexburg so today was the day. I headed out with Layla to get her some much needed summer clothes. It was a big day for her. She got to go with me to get hair supplies at the Cosmo Prof store. Then it was off to lunch at Fazoli's. After that we spent two hours at Kohl's shopping for dresses, capris, shorts, skirts and tops for her. I even took her into the dressing room to try on the dresses. While we were in there everyone around laughed as they listened to the following conversation we had.
"Layla why don't you try on your first dress and see how you like it while I try on a couple shirts."
"Okay mom you try to see if any of them fit you this time."
"So kiddo how is it coming, what do you think?"
"What the heck! There are four beautiful skinny skinny Layla's! See there is me and those!!"
"Do you like your dress?"
"Yeah it makes me look really pretty! I think I want this one. And I think I want all the clothes so I can look pretty. They make me look skinny but that is okay I'll get bigger!"
(Layla is modeling her new dresses for dad!)
It was the first time I realized that I no longer have a toddler but a little girl now! She is growing up way too fast. After that we headed out to get new shoes and stop finally at Walmart. While we climbed out of the car Layla asked where Grandma went. I was taken by surprise because I didn't think she knew Grandma worked in Idaho Falls. Silly me just blew her off. She looked me straight in the face and said in a stern tone, "THERE IS HER CAR WHERE IS SHE?" I looked next to us and she was right, there was Grandma's car. So we headed in side and called her to see where she was. After hanging out with Grandma and letting me finish up shopping we headed back home. I thought to myself this is the perfect day then I walked in the house.
The smell could have smacked you in the face it stunk so bad. All I could think of is NOT AGAIN. Brian explained that once again the house smells cause Isa decided to puke all over him for about 3 minutes straight. I felt so bad but was glad I missed it this time. He hadn't had the pleasure of being puked on yet so I am glad that we both know what it is like now. I wouldn't want him to left out would I!!!! Anyways everyone seems fine now. Isa is back to normal for now and Layla is high as a kite after a day of shopping. I guess this is just life and we will have to find times to laugh cause who knows what tomorrow will bring!
BEautiful dresses! Little girls are so fun! Tell Brian sorry about his luck, but better he than you, right?
ReplyDeleteThat's the cutest story. Sorry I'm awful about commenting. Since I finally figured out the google reader (with your help, thanks) I don't comment very much anymore. I'm sorry the girls are feeling sick. Hope they're better soon. I love your new background, but I just thought I would tell you that it's really hard to read the text. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaa (that's from Adi who is still wide awake at 11pm....I'm ready for bed).
ReplyDeleteI'm finally catching up! I will SO TOTALLY remember to look up the kids' noses if they stink!!! The pictures are adorable, and you can test out photoshop ANY TIME. It's fun to see the girls in action. :D
ReplyDeleteFunny funny girlies! Love the stories.
ReplyDelete