1. Where did you and your husband meet?When we were 14 and 15 years old we both went to our first Youth Conference for church. I met Brian the very first opening dance and thought he was just so HOT! The next day we had a service project where we went to sing at a nursing home. On the bus and at the activity is when BRIAN thinks we met. Luckily I have a very detailed teenage journal that tells that I am RIGHT!
2. First thing you said to each other... Wanna dance? Ahh sure!
3. What was your first date? If you count a date as an approved date outing then it was Brian's 16th birthday we went to see TITANIC in the theater. I think it is probably more accurate to say we went to listen to Titanic while we made out! Ahh to be 16 again!
4.Where was your first kiss? Our first kiss was on what we think of as our first date. It was just a couple weeks after we met we organized a big group (NONE DATE) to go to the local amusement park Worlds of Fun. It was there on a bench in the middle of a thousand people that we had our first attempt at a kiss. We both were nervous and I moved my head right as Brian came in to kiss me so he missed my mouth and only caught the corner. But have no fear he made up for it later as we kissed heading up a ride, on a ride, in line for rides, you get the picture!
5.Long or short courtship/engagement? Courtship is funny because we were really off and on for a while. We "went out" for a year. Then were friends for a 3 years. Then on and off for another year. I friends who loved each other for his two year mission. And then once he came home we were quickly engaged for a short 4 months! For a grand total of 6 1/2 years.
6. Where did you get engaged? Well the first proposal was from me in his bedroom about 4 hours after Brian was released after him mission. I thought since I had been dating someone EVERYONE thought I would marry I had to explain RIGHT AWAY that it was him I loved and wanted to be with. Two weeks later after thinking it over sitting on the Salt Lake Temple grounds we excepted. And last he proposed with a ring two months later at his Grandpa's house in a desperate attempt to stop me from crying. (Emotional time poor guy)
7.Where were you married? I grew up in the Midwest and the only temple I saw often was the ruins of the Nauvoo temple. And as a little four year old I didn't understand that I couldn't get married in that temple for obvious reasons. But by the time I grew up I was lucky enough to be able to watch my favorite temple get built and then get married there! Dreams do come true!!!!
8. Where did you honeymoon? I will tell you when we finally go on one! We got married poor, had kids quickly and become more poor and now with two kids and heading to med school we are still poor. But have no fear next year when Brian graduates and the girls are old enough to stay with Nana and Papa for a week we are really going to enjoy our trip where ever if may be!
2. First thing you said to each other... Wanna dance? Ahh sure!
3. What was your first date? If you count a date as an approved date outing then it was Brian's 16th birthday we went to see TITANIC in the theater. I think it is probably more accurate to say we went to listen to Titanic while we made out! Ahh to be 16 again!
4.Where was your first kiss? Our first kiss was on what we think of as our first date. It was just a couple weeks after we met we organized a big group (NONE DATE) to go to the local amusement park Worlds of Fun. It was there on a bench in the middle of a thousand people that we had our first attempt at a kiss. We both were nervous and I moved my head right as Brian came in to kiss me so he missed my mouth and only caught the corner. But have no fear he made up for it later as we kissed heading up a ride, on a ride, in line for rides, you get the picture!
5.Long or short courtship/engagement? Courtship is funny because we were really off and on for a while. We "went out" for a year. Then were friends for a 3 years. Then on and off for another year. I friends who loved each other for his two year mission. And then once he came home we were quickly engaged for a short 4 months! For a grand total of 6 1/2 years.
6. Where did you get engaged? Well the first proposal was from me in his bedroom about 4 hours after Brian was released after him mission. I thought since I had been dating someone EVERYONE thought I would marry I had to explain RIGHT AWAY that it was him I loved and wanted to be with. Two weeks later after thinking it over sitting on the Salt Lake Temple grounds we excepted. And last he proposed with a ring two months later at his Grandpa's house in a desperate attempt to stop me from crying. (Emotional time poor guy)
7.Where were you married? I grew up in the Midwest and the only temple I saw often was the ruins of the Nauvoo temple. And as a little four year old I didn't understand that I couldn't get married in that temple for obvious reasons. But by the time I grew up I was lucky enough to be able to watch my favorite temple get built and then get married there! Dreams do come true!!!!
8. Where did you honeymoon? I will tell you when we finally go on one! We got married poor, had kids quickly and become more poor and now with two kids and heading to med school we are still poor. But have no fear next year when Brian graduates and the girls are old enough to stay with Nana and Papa for a week we are really going to enjoy our trip where ever if may be!
I had alot of fun reading about your teenage romances. So funny! Cool how things worked out though. We got married in the Nauvoo Temple also. So gorgeous!
ReplyDelete