Monday, March 17

Goodbye lunch with Nana!




Okay so I have a wonderful and totally sad story. My little Layla is growing up and finally is understanding enough to get her little heart hurt. Saturday we all got ready to head to the airport to send Nana back home to Kansas. Layla asked where we were going and when I told her the airport she just started to cry. She told me that Nana didn't need to go home, she needed to stay and be with Layla because she lives to far far away. I tried to explain that she needed to take care of Papa but she simply responded that Papa is just fine and she will miss her too much if she leaves. I don't know how many of you miss your parents as much as I do but saying goodbye is hard enough without knowing it is hard for little Layla too. Anyways I got her calm and we headed out to lunch. It worked out great though because we left the girls with Brian at Chili's while I dropped off my mom. I had the car running so for the first time I dropped her off without breaking down saying goodbye. I did however breakdown walking out the sliding doors headed to my car but at least my mom didn't have to see me sob. It was so WONDERFUL to have her here. She really is by far the best mother in the world. I know you probably think your mom is but no My MOM wins the award hands down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...