Friday after a long week Isa and I went to an elf on the shelf party. Santa came, read a book, and delivered elves for all the little girls. It was such an adorable party and a perfect time for it. We had planned on getting an elf for the girls this season so this was a great way for Isa to learn what it was all about. She was tired. Oh so tired at the party and pretty much wanted to take a nap which is about right because lately we take one together since this mama needs one.
Poor little Isa was exhausted and after I took her home settled her down she seems to just drag while we carried on with the day. That night when we tucked her in I felt that our luck of her missing the flu that Layla had last week would not last us forever. I fell asleep on the couch and Brian sat up playing his video game. Not an hour later I woke up to little Isa standing next to me puking her guts out all over her daddy. I took her back to change while dad cleaned up, did laundry, and showered. We finally got her to sleep at 4 in the morning but she woke up crying about every half hour.
Needless to say we were wrecked the next day. Isa started to feel better played so nicely with Layla all day. Brian continued the laundry and did about 8 loads plus those for the puke! I ducked out to a baby shower and then dove into homework all day long.
Saturday night all was calm in the house and we went to bed early. Sunday morning I had planned on staying home from church only going to teach my primary class in hopes we could all fend off the germs. Thankfully I am still feeling well despite my body fighting as hard as it can to stay up and going. Brian is exhausted but good. And Layla is all well. Isa on the other hand woke up last night sobbing through a barking cough and wheezing to get air. After getting some medicine she simply couldn't breath enough to calm down and sleep. So 1am I headed to our children's hospital er down the street. Thankfully we are there every year for the same thing and when they pull up her chart they give all sorts of care and concern. They know we are not crazy overly cautious parents who can't wait until morning to see a doctor. They know we need to get a head of the bugs before we have a little hospitalized kid with RSV.
Anyone who thinks I am crazy to plan on keeping our new little baby boy to be home until spring doesn't know what RSV is like. My daughters were home for a long time. Layla didn't go to church until four months AFTER her DUE DATE. So she was about 6 months when she went to church for the first time, which meant the first time our family attended together (Brian and I switched off to visit two sacraments each week for those months). Even with all that caution Layla had went to the doctor every month for a big illness like croup, strep, RSV, or phenomena. We will be keeping our baby boy home until May. If I go on bed rest and have him in January as cautiously planned that is a long time.
Hearing my dear sweet Isa struggle to breath and bark so loud the doctor had sad eyes and said over and over you poor little thing, reminds me that no matter what others think mama knows best. This mama is thankful to have children survive birth and if that means I stay home for months to protect them then so be it. I hate seeing then struggle to live in the NICU why would I ever want to return simply because I need to get out of the house and back to life. So we are home fighting off croup. Isa is doing better but tonight should be worse than the last even with the mass steroids she was given. But thankfully so far no breathing treatments we caught it in time.
Anyways back to Elfe- He finally knew Isa was well enough so he headed to the north pole to report on the girls when Isa returned from the ER and he even brought a note and set up a chair to watch over them. Who knows what he will do tomorrow? Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment