Monday, November 21

My dear Sweet Layla


Yes we had a party for Layla.... no this is not the party! 
We threw Layla a family birthday party the day before her big day! She picked out the cake and then we headed to Nana and Papa's for dinner and present! She had a good time and came out with her new favorite toy, her doll. She is so great to love her doll and understand that we didn't get an American Doll but rather a nice alternative. She still loves it all the same. Maybe one day on ebay I will find a good deal on the real thing but for now this medical student family can't afford one (and then it always has to be two!) $100 dollar naked dolls. They are gorgeous but nope. And you know what I never had one and came out great so I think we will survive!


Anyways we had our family party and then on Friday we had her friend party. I planned out everything down to the mini details. It was a beautiful hot pink, light pink, lavender, and purple glitter tulle decked out affair. We did a fancy Nancy theme. The girls loved it and we survived. I sent out 16 invitations thinking that there would be many that couldn't come on a Friday night. No no every one but two from church came. That meant that I had 16 girls all first graders (well make that 15 Isa was in that mix). 


The girls all did their own make up, nails, made necklaces and bracelets, and dressed all dolled up in their fancy dresses. Then they had parfait and opened presents. From the moment the girls began their activities until they sat down for presents we never stopped. I gave my sister a huge hug when it was over because it is wasn't for her I might have gone crazy trying to keep up with all that they needed. But every girl had a blast and Layla felt so special having everyone come to celebrate with her. 


Just to give you an idea of how the party theme was this is the invitation followed by the thank you note which we attached matching homemade bows for each girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...