Tuesday, August 3

Nauvoo vacation

It is pathetic to admit but Brian and I have not been back to Nauvoo since we were married their almost 7 years ago. We always want to but we are never in town long enough nor have the money. But we decided that since Brian had a week of school off and the weather was suppose to be good we would take of for a day or two with the girls. We had great plans on getting out and on the road by 6 but in reality we got out at 9 to avoid the traffic and pick up LaMar's donuts. And for those non midwesterners out there you are MISSING OUT, cause noting beats LaMar's donuts, and I mean NOTHING!!!!

Now for the photo travel log! 

Our first stop of course.... The Bakery! 
Seriously the gingerbread men are as good as I remember from when I was the girls age. SO DELICIOUS! And they have the recipe online now so we are going to make them this christmas for sure. And probably do a test run when it cools down!
Headed to site number 2 the Pioneer past times! 

Don't you love my little sheep-riders! 
The glasses really make it the best don't ya think?
Moving on to pony riding!
"Oh wait their are reigns gotta take another!"
After a five minute attempt to climb up it was so worth it for the photo!
Into the house we go. I love the cabin because it reminds me of the cabins they had at the independence pageants when we grew up. Oh I miss the pageant it was fun! 
The girls that it was great that they had chalk back then and they could still color. Incase you haven't heard it is all the rage in our house. We have thousands of pictures stored in folders for their scrapbooks later! 

Layla's drawing!
Isa's drawing! 
Laying on the lawn enjoying a little brass band! 
Time to make the bears crawl up the rope!
I was proud they both got them all the way up!

P.S. I have decided I am way to lazy to edit photos so you get the real deal for posts these days. ONE DAY I will sit and edit for hours but for now you get stuff as I see it! 


P.P.S this is the end of segment one since I have crying tired children to attend to!

2 comments:

  1. I love the girls cute little matching dresses! Your girls are just beautiful, just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...