Tuesday, August 3

Nauvoo Part 2

After we hit the bakery, pioneer past-times, tin shop, and family living center we headed to the hotel.

Now the girls totally packed their own stuff and we made them carry it in as well. We are trying to instill that whole pack light thing. We girls are not good at that. But they only packed three outfits for one extra day so I thought they did well. As soon as Brian and I unloaded the car and came into the room to settle we found the following.....
The buddies moved in!
Apparently they picked sides and set up shop for the night!
Don't you just love it. I mean seriously it made the whole drive worth it! Kids are so unpredictable! 
Next was dinner at the Nauvoo Hotel, which by the way was not worth it when the kids don't eat. Once we headed to the fair before the pageant we found they had hot dogs and hamburgers. Next time we are totally spending the buck on the hot dog. But the girls we so cute when we made it to the fair. 

Isa in her new birthday dress. We are very into Hello Kitty thanks to Aunt Mia!

We found some good seats and sent Brian off to get out blanket. While we waited the girls took a million photos. I will post these in a later post that will be all through the girls eyes. I can't wait to load them and see the vacation through a 5 and 4 year old. 

First Stop Puppet show! 
Just a note Isa was upset that a sweet girl from the pageant dared to talk to her and offer a free puppet to her. Luckily we snapped this shot before the death stare set in.
Layla However has no objections to getting free stuff!
The cute little show made the girls miss grandma's house and her amazing puppet stage!
Next we were off to learn a little scottish dancing!
We played a few games, probably not correctly but still with smiles!
And then we settled down for the pageant. It very thing we hoped. Entertaining for the girls and spiritual for us. We loved it and I totally sobbed when the temple lit up. I must remember to tell you the story of why we got married in Nauvoo in the next post. I don't think I have it written down anywhere in my journals and really have to have it documented somewhere.

Anyways that is the end of day one. 

There was a little swimming between adventures, lots of snacks, and about 6 movies and 3 Hannah Montana episodes, so all in all a great day!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! I love all your pics! I had to laugh at Isa's reaction to the girl at the puppet show, Georgia would've done the exact same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun vacation! We need to get out more and take little vacations for the weekend. It's been so hot though we haven't even wanted to leave the house.
    On another note-I love the look of your blog-did you design it yourself? I know you've been messing with the html, and figuring out how the do things in there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...