Friday, August 17

Turning 30.... what to think

Well I had a long list of things I wanted to do before I turned 30. Some of them I did and some I might be too old before I have the time, money, or body to do it with. However some of the very best things I have been able to accomplish!

And I have always dreaded hitting that next decade only because it means I have to be a grown up, you know wash your face twice a day everyday as well as use some of the under eye cream! My mom always told me that I needed to prepare my skin for the days when all I could do is attempt to mask the damage and neglect I may have caused. I have done pretty well at preparing for the future however hitting 30 means that now I have to live with the skin I have and hope I prevented the sun damage at least a little bit, it is tough when you tan just getting the mail to remember to put on the sunblock!

Anyhoo my husband knows that this was a big year for me. I finally graduate college which is preparing for my second career (hair will always be my first love), I finished having kids by thirty, I own two cars, I did something grown up (joined the PTO board, I might be super young but I did it), and I learned some new hobbies including finally fell in love with reading.  So sweet hubby of mine has decided that the best gift he could give me was a much needed vacation with a very sweet little man. So in two weeks from yesterday that would be 13 days, and yes I am counting, I head to UTAH! Thank you Kristi for having me come crash with you. I really need my fill of giggles and half finished sentences that really only you can provide!

So if I wasn't turning the big 3-0 hubbs might not think he needed to go all out and send me across the country leaving him with the girls and a lot of running around, so I am embracing the year and the next phase in life. My next set of things to do before 40 are REALLY EXCITING, like own my own HOUSE! Or only have CHILDREN in SCHOOL no parents! And all of this is facilitated by the big HUBBY IS a DOCTOR! Seriously these next ten years I really grow up!!

I am now off to work out so I can fit into something other than sweat pants for my trip. I am a mom but must attempt to look like a stylish one at least for traveling!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! Enjoy your trip, sounds like exciting times ahead!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...