Our little Damon wakes up every morning at the same time to eat. He is such a creature of habit. That is of course until the morning I NEED him to get me up. So instead of being up an hour and a half before I had to leave I woke up an hour ahead of time. Normally this is more than enough time to get everyone out of the house. But now that I need to make two lunches, pack two water bottles, four snacks, and change and feed a baby as well as get myself dressed so I can represent the PTO an hour was not enough time. Now of course if this was a normal school day where I could drive up and drop them off we would have been fine. But instead it was the first day so everyone wanted to be walked to class.
We walked Miss Sassy Second Grader to her class and snapped a couple of photos in less then 2 minutes.
As you can tell from the crazy faces I did not wait around to get a GOOD photo just A photo.
Then it was time for my big good bye with my little grown up first grader as she goes off to school all day for the first time. When I get to the door the lights are off and the door is shut and her wonderful teacher (I really do mean wonderful Layla had her last year and we just adore her!) has already started her intro. So it was a quick kiss and hug and she was off, NO PHOTO, NO LONG GOOD BYE, so NO TIME for mama to cry! (I am guessing that made Isa a bit happy, she hates it when I get sappy!)
So I was glad when I took the time to park the car and walk up to get the girls and captured this photo just as Isa met Damon and I outside. This is the face of a girl who is going to do just great all day without mama!
As much as I missed the girls today and it was weird not having them home, our little guy had much more adjusting to do. He was happy to get his cuddles after school and have his buddies back!
All in all it was a success of a first day of school. Crazy, a bit busy, a blur, with a messy house to show for it and a giant plate of cinnamon rolls waiting at the end but perfect!
lol, why does her name tag say "Isabel Walker?" Have you guys changed last names recently?
ReplyDeleteAhhhh, so darn grown-up! Ezra doesn't have snacks in his first grade class...I worry a bit about him starving, but at least I don't have to pack any ;)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the girls' first day outfits! They're always so stylin'!
speaking of which...you know those fleece pants we were talking about...well, Georgia wears a 5t *hint hint wink wink*