Ever since last year when the girls watched a very exciting ice skating movie they have been bugging me to go ice skate. At first my excuse was that it was too cold, then it was spring and summer, now I am a fall risk! So over Christmas break dad stepped in and took the girls for me and they had a blast. Isa stayed very close to Brian but layla went off more on her own and walked along the outside chatting with her.
As you can tell Isa wasn't so sure she liked it at first!
Layla on the other hand tried to balance perfectly just as she does with her dancing and gymnastics!
By the end we had two very tired but happy little girls!
I think everyone had very sore feet (even mom) but were so happy to say that they can now ice skate. It was just what they needed to get them ready for.... roller skating!
I remember my disillusionment at learing to ice skate - it looked so easy when the Olympians did it...why was it so hard for my little girl feet? I was surprised that I didn't immediately learn to spin and skate backwards...
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun activity - and so nice that Brian had time off during the break to go with you guys.