Who have you been closest to the longest!
Christmas
This post makes me smile for so many reason. I am supposed to post a photo of the person I have been closest to the longest. Hands down that is Mary Alexis! We met when we were four years old in what we remember to be a sandbox (aka the long jump pit at the local high school). And from that moment on we were attached at the hip. I watch my girls when they play and they hardly have to finish a sentence before the other knows what they are thinking. They spend every minute together and when they are apart they are planning what they will do next. I never had a sister like that but I did have Mary. She was my other half. Come summer time we spent at least 5 out of 7 nights at each other's house. I can't think of more than a handful of childhood memories that do not have her in it.This past month we headed to Utah and had to make a stop to see her. When we left and drove back up to Kaysville the girls got into the car and asked if next time we go on vacation if we can just come see Mary. They just love her and their words were, "mom she's just like you." That almost made me cry. I love Mary so stinking much and to see my little kids instantly love her too meant a lot. So here it is a picture or two of us in our older not so embarrassing years (mostly because the others are packed away in my storage closet)!
Church Dance
Prom
My Wedding reception
Mary's Wedding Luncheon
(don't mind my post baby fatness!)
Side note: when we were kids people used to ask us if we were sisters. Always cracked us up because we couldn't look more different but it was probably because we could in fact finish each other's thoughts, sentences, and basically lived together for 8 years!




maybe they think you are sisters because when you hug you hug with your whole body. it's adorable. it's so nice that you have such a special person.
ReplyDelete