Rarely do I update about myself on our family blog. Unless it has to do with the kids or my hubby I keep it on my other blog. I am currently going a bit stir crazy and am in a lot of pain so I need a distraction so I am blogging. Good use of my time I know. Anyways here is the deal. This photo is a great indication of how I feel. However *thanks* to the slow staff at KU Med I am sitting at home instead of hanging out with the doc like this lady. As most of my friends back in Rexburg know and my lovely hometown friends can remember I have some health issues. When I was in college I drove home for Thanksgiving and was *lucky* enough to find myself in the hospital when i should have been driving home. MY WONDERFUL friends took my car back to Provo for me and once i got back I started to see the local doctor. He said I had IBS and then gave me meds for it.
I actually did quite well for a while and besides the occasional day of curling up in a ball and sobbing in pain sure I was going to die, I coped. When I got pregnant with Isa i stopped my medication because it was too dangerous to be on anything I didn't have to be on. So Imodium became my friend. After I had Isa and about 1 1/2 years of doctors visits they took out my Gall bladder. I thought I was home free and doing great but you know that would just be too easy. I have been feeling kind of crappy for a while but in October we began trying to have a baby and you know that isn't as easy as people make it sound. Nor do they tell you how stress full it is. I get really ill and have been in a ton of pain and thought it was A) a reaction to getting used to life off of an IUD B) Life with periods and ovulating again C) a miscarriage or a tubal pregnancy .... thank goodness it wasn't that! D) That stupid IBS again.Currently we have a fabulous doctor who does not like to treat you until he knows what you need to be treated for. He doesn't just give me some pills and say these should help. He likes to run tests and more tests and more tests until he knows what is going on. So that is where I am at. I went in and did about 10 blood draws for everything under the sun that could cause my abdominal pain and bloating. But they all came out clear. Next step was the ct scan. That was helpful but not the perfect clear photo I hoped to take. They are sending me now to get my entire intestinal track scoped. That mean a day in the house, *cleaning house* followed by a day in the hospital with tubes running through me with fancy little cameras. They will be looking for signs of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. That leaves me to my current pain. They found on the scans that I have sacrolilitis and that is kind of odd because I am so YOUNG.... that makes me laugh because lately I feel old! Anyways... basically it is tons of low back pain. As long as I DO NOT lay on my stomach and rarely visit my sides I am USUALLY fine. That meaning Ibuprofen in my friend. But when you have scopes going in your body looking for inflammation is isn't the best idea to be faithfully taking an anti inflammatory. So I am taking Tylenol and covering my back in biofreeze. (And thank you sweet maintenance man for coming today to fix my ice machine because i am using ice on my back like crazy! and p.s. my house usually is not this messy!)
I am currently just sitting around WAITING for my scope appointment to get scheduled and trying to not freak myself out to much. Being the wife of a med student means that you and your sweet eager to learn husband have way too many resources to look stuff us causing you to worry over things you shouldn't even know. But we are surviving and I am crabby. But the girls are doing relatively well at getting along and helping around the house and my sweet niece who had been over all weekend has kept me smiling and remembering why I want a baby. Of course that whole idea is on the back burner for a bit which is hard but like I realized this weekend with conference I can do hard things and will grow and be so much happier for it.
(seriously it is a good thing conference was this weekend or I might have been in tears from stress and pain. I got my reservoir filled to last me a while and get me through some trials so thankfully for now i am good!)
As for the rest of life things are pretty calm and I am happy to be home and back on schedule! I miss my Utah moments like crazy but it is keeping me moving and working hard so I can reward myself with a solo trip next time, hopefully sooner than later! And thus I end my super long post!

I'm so sorry this is going on! I thought you had things figured out. You poor thing. Thanks for answering my question, your explanation was very easy to follow. And thank you for reading my blog! I hope you get some answers and relief soon; you're in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI'm so, so sorry sweetie! Please, let me know how I can help. I really, truly will do anything. Meals? Babysitting?
ReplyDelete(((hugs))) let me know how things go!