Well thanks to the lovely staff at KU Med I will be going in next thursday to have an esophagogastroduodenoscopy and colonoscopy. I know longest word ever followed by the scariest one (well aside from the other "c" word that is.) After getting my pre-op instructions I sat back and thought "aren't I too young to be purchasing this basket of colon cleansing supplies?" Yet I have not been so excited/scared to see a doctor. Excited because I could possibly go longer than two days without believing I might have food poisoning. Scared because no one really wants to find something wrong when they go in for these scopes. Especially because IF they find something I can look forward to do this every couple years.
However I might just loose a dress size thanks to the liquid diet for three days and nearly liquid diet leading up to next week thanks to my pain and nausea. So next week when you all are enjoying your spring weather you can think, at least you aren't spending your week feeling like a 50 + senior sporting a cozy track suit. Hooray for the big day. And I'll keep you posted.
P.S. This is not a recent photo but rather one of the last time I had this much fun at a hospital.... I really thought getting a gall bladder out fixed the problem but no no, I get to go back for more fun! Hopefully I will look this happy next week!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7
No comments:
Post a Comment