Blogging Challenge day 1
1- I have extremely slow reactions when I am scared. I usually jump *pause 3 seconds* then yell. I can't stand the delayed reaction but my family thinks it is hilarious.
2- I love shoes. I would spend all my extra cash (ha ha like I ever have any) on shoes if I could. Thank goodness for a mother who feeds my habit on HER budget!
3- I am a bit gullible. My husband told me when I first met him that he had kissed like three girls before me. (not such a huge number unless you are just entering high school then it seems huge) I did not find out I was his first kiss until we had been married for 3 years.... 9 years later. (and no it isn't because he is a good liar)
4- I hate pickles and mustard. So much so we have never kept it in or fridge for the seven years we have been married.
5- I slept with my childhood blanket for almost two decades. I know silly but really it wasn't about cuddling with it it was because it was made of a silk type fabric and would get really cold at night. Then I would use it to line my pillow so I could keep myself cool at night. Which leads me to...
6- I HATE being hot at night. I will freeze my family by keeping the air on 65 during the summer and windows open in the winter just to avoid sweating at night. I feel like I have hot flashes at night that make me super claustrophobic when I sleep.
7- I love to sing. I wish I had the guts to do it in public more but thankfully my ward really doesn't know/care that I sing because they NEVER ask me. But I love love love it and dream of one day being old and live in Utah just so I can be in the MoTab.
8- I like the thought of reading but the actual execution in a bit of a downer. I rarely find a book worth the time it takes to read. I am a SLOW reader and if I am not totally engaged in a book by the first chapter that is it for me. Thus I have not read a ton in my mothering days after college. And I am open to any suggestions that
a) do not contain more than two words per page that are uncommon (see #9 for reasoning)
b) have engaging characters that I will love and hate... gotta have a bit of drama
c) will not take me a year to finish because it is bigger than the Webster dictionary
d) does not have a movie out about it because I am more often than not going to just watch it and call myself good.
9- I CAN NOT SPELL. Spell check is my best friend. I am smart don't get me wrong I have a solid B+ student at BYU and did straight A's at her sister school BYU-I. But I had to spell check everything I did. And when I am reading and come across a word I don't know I sound worse than Layla sounding it out in my head. I don't judge the girls lack of confidence in their reading skills because THAT IS ME. I can't spell so reading can be difficult or rather time consuming and that just means more stress I don't need. So in case you ever read this blog and think "seriously this girl went to college" know 1 I hardly take the time to reread my posts and 2 I can not spell if my life depended on it.
10- I am a list maker. I make a list for everything. And I am one of those nuts that likes to make a to do list at noon and add all the things I have already accomplished just so i can mark it off and it makes me look SO MUCH more productive!
11- I love swimming. I used to have a pool in my backyard when I was a kid and I basically lived in it all summer long. And when I got to high school I joined the swim team. I am not going to say I was the best by any means but I pulled my own weight (he he) for our team.
12- I don't like chocolate that much. I like fruity candy much more than I will ever like chocolate. Thankfully this makes cutting it out of my diet due to the adverse effects it has on my tummy much easier.
13- I am a t-shirt and jeans girl. I love to get dressed up and most of the time i am but at heart I wish i was back at my size 2 thin self so I could throw on my jeans, a t-shirt, a dang cute pair of earrings and a pair of heels and call myself ready. One day I might just reach the single digits and then I will give it a try!
14- I have a knack of pissing off my children. Especially when I try to do something nice. Today is a good example. Isa wanted her hair cut and I quote "just like Layla's" so i gave her Layla's cut only and inch and a half longer in the back and 2 or 3 inches longer in front. Now she won't look at me because I cut it too short. Apparently our eyes see shoulder length as MUCH different.
15- I love my family. They drive me nuts and make me want to escape on a vacation weekly (or maybe daily) but they are my life and I love them so.
And because it is in the rules here is a recent photo of me Pre- haircut!
No comments:
Post a Comment