"Just around our sidewalk bend!"
I definitely have a love/hate relationship with the winter months. I love that it is cold enough to use my coco latte machine and brew up a nice hot cup of french vanilla goodness and cozy up and blog my little fingers happy!I absolutely HATE having to wear boots to church until I get inside the door. Me and heels in snow is a safety hazard. Thanks to the great fall of 2008 outside the Hinckley building with skirt tangled, tights ripped, bags and papers scattered, and about 4 dozen single guys watching my moment of glory I have vetoed walking in heels in the snow unless I am empty handed and ready to hit my fall quota for the year.
I love love love sweaters. I am a warm blooded person thanks to the menopausal hot flashes that came after growing two tiny humans. Winter allows me to dress up my drab wardrobe with a few stylish pieces, a cute belt and some jewelry without breaking a sweat walking the mall.
I hate having to find things to do inside because a girl can only watch so many Wizards of Waverly Place episodes before the new background song to her life is the theme song with little Selena singing in her head. (and lately it isn't just in my head thanks to the wonderful local library which just so happened to carry the soundtrack to the movie that fits between season 3 and 4 I believe.... see I have seen too much!)
I love the snow the first day it comes. I always bake a batch of rolls, a good hearty stew, and watch it slowly make our drab street look all perfect and peaceful. I love how the snow seems to wash off my winter cares and remind me how beautiful simplicity is.
Then inevitably I have to leave the quite of our home and face the crazy drivers that never seem to know what the heck they are doing in the snow. Especially in KC where you would think by the way they drive down 69 HWY they had never seen the snow before!
But I am making myself enjoy this winter. It is in fact the first winter in 8 years I have had a car of my very own. I am no longer stuck inside with nothing to do thanks to our poor meager budget that does not allow for such modern conveniences like *gasp* T-W-O cars!!! Trust me we don't any money and probably shouldn't have this great luxury but somehow or another we have managed to make it our reality and I am definitely enjoying the change. No more dropping Brian off and picking him up just so I have a car to go to the grocery store 4 streets down!
So Winter I currently LIKE you and will enjoy you while you last. But if you dare try to pull and Idaho on me and last until JUNE I will curse you for a good 20 years!
And here is a video to introduce my next post to come...... This is what we do with our Wintery Saturdays! cause really every post needs a picture or video right?!
And here is a video to introduce my next post to come...... This is what we do with our Wintery Saturdays! cause really every post needs a picture or video right?!
By the way, the light technician back stage is none other than our own little Isa. She was too shy to perform but handled the backstage duties admirably.
No comments:
Post a Comment