Marilee's take: I will not add to the review itself. Rather I will expand on the two hours prior to the movie watching which may or may not have altered our feelings toward the film. Thanks to many professional movie reviews we decided that the last film of the year needed to be a good one. SALT was suppose to be "the movie" so we checked the local redbox on our way out Walmart. Notta. So we thought heck we will check McDonalds on the way home it is like one block from the house. And yet nothing. Well how about Hy-vee it is in the same parking lot, and yet I leave redbox number 3 empty handed. Once we return home and upload all the groceries we hopped on the internet and checked just one more time if our movie happened to come in to a machine close by in the last ten minutes. And sure enough McDonalds saves the day. We reserve and I head out on my minute and a half trip. I return in less then predicted time because....... They have no record of my online reservation. Really I tried a handful of cards there in case Brian happened to reserve it under the wrong card. (why not call you ask, that would require a phone and mine is at home safe charging) The best part is the couple who snuck in front of me while I packed away my keys GOT our movie. BLAH!! A call was made, a refund sent, and a new reservation arranged. I head out this time to Hy-vee. I wait in line only to find yet again no reservation. I am not upset, I simply throw the debit card at Brian upon return. Another call was made, another refund sent, and three coupon codes emailed. We give up feed children and put them to bed. But now we are sitting on the couch at 10 o'clock on New Year's eve with nothing to watch. So we stupidly hop on the computer to find in fact McDonalds had another copy. This time we head out with cell phone in hand (brian goes I am DONE for the night!) and returns with our movie. We had big hopes for this film after a long night of phone calls and button pushing. And alas it STUNK!
Tuesday, January 18
Monday Movie Review: SALT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can feel the pain. It was a bit of a let down after all the build-up. We didn't dislike it as strongly as you but we have to go to hell and back to get a hold of it either.
ReplyDelete