Sunday, February 22

Games

I wish sometimes that life as an adult was as simple as it is for preschoolers. The girls go to McDonald's and walk up to a kid, "Wanna be my friend, okay lets play!" And that is it. I spend months trying to get up the guts to have people over only be become friends months before they or I move. The games that these two little girls of mine come up with truly come from a great imagination. 

Doggy Birthday parties!
The girls have their very own "SOPHIE PUPPIES" aka little pink and black poodles. Once a week they through one of them a birthday party. They take out the princess dresses and put one on very door knob in the bedroom, bedposts, book case, and bed. On the rocking chair they set out a dress flat with a hat on the top. Two shoes lay at the end of the dress where feet would be and then they put the puppy in the middle. Of course the they need a cake so they pull out about 30 books and stack them as High as they can. They put this cake on a tray and wheel it to the puppy and then sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY in their loudest voice. If Brian wants to come to the party they usually invite him but never me. I think I am a poor birthday attendee because i have never been able to come to a party yet. But I stare from the door and enjoy!

The Mystery Game
This is kind of like Hide and go seek except the rules change every time we play. At first it was merely hide and seek in mom and dad's room with the lights off. Then they added tickling when you found them. Next they decided that every time you hid you had to be in the same place. Now I am not sure the rules but it is their favorite game. Usually they play on Thursdays when I am at school. I think once again they would rather play with dad then mom!

Hot Tea Party
I am not sure why but when we have tea parties it is always HOT tea. When i can't figure out where they come up with something I usually attribute it to TV. They can watch a show once and then have it memorized. Anyways the girls like to cook for me and make me all sorts of dishes. Usually I just have wanatanka.  I am not sure what it is but it's good. You know I think it is the best air dish I have had so far. Last week I asked Layla what she put in it. I had to keep from laughing when she said..."first I put in some wana and then I add a little tanka, you stir it all but and cook it for 2 minutes and 4 minutes." LOVE IT!!!! These kids really make me laugh!

Layla posing next to her tea table!
They invited Robby to play for valentines and he LOVED it! I think he is going to become a chef!

4 comments:

  1. The girls have really got some photography talent. And I love the "wanatanka." I could laugh about that for days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your girls are so creative! i love the many things they come up with and i love that you share them. it always puts a smile on my face. i also love the "wanatanka" so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanatanka...my favorite!

    I think those girls love you so much -- they know that you're watching them from the door and they love it. It's like a story I heard last week: "A boy came upstairs and asked his mom to come play darts with him downstairs. She was cooking dinner so she said maybe later. A while later he came back and asked again. She decided to go play with him for just a few minutes, but told him as they went downstairs that she didn't know the rules or how to play. He went over and got his darts and said, "It's easy, Mom! I throw the darts and you stand there and tell me 'You're wonderful! You're wonderful!'"

    Love those girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are too too cute! I love the great imaginations! Carson needs a little help with that-or maybe just someone to get creative with. Fun stories!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...