Thursday, February 26

Update on the quarantine zone



Today little miss Layla come into our room happy as can be until she began to cough. She said it really hurt and then handed me a pile of mucus. I kindly took it from her washed our hands and set her up to watch The Book of Mormon stories on the bed. For the next 2 hours she would cough up flem into Kleenex and hand it over to me. It was really gross. After a couple hours I thought we should call the doctor and see if this is normal. She is through with her meds tomorrow so I thought it should be better right? 

Thank goodness the girls like the doctors and don't mind going because off we went for a recheck with the doctor. We saw Dr Catrell who Layla has seen since her early NICU days. He knows her history and works so well with her. They played a "can you blow the paper" game to check out her lungs and found she has come down with pneumonia. So we are hooking her up to the nebulizer soon for her treatments.
It is always a sad sight to see her with that mask but man it helps better than anything we have tried. So we are on the road to getting better. It is going to be me and Layla hanging out tomorrow I think so we will catch up on our chick flicks and kids movies! 
Hope all of you are avoiding this years sicknesses and enjoying winter... spring is just around the corner I can feel it!


3 comments:

  1. Geez Louise. It seems to be never-ending with that girl. I hope she is getting better very quickly now that she has that machiney thing.

    Love those baby pictures in the above post -- the one of Isa looks just like her! Kind of pouty, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww....poor little Layla!! Get well soon and let me know if you need anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope you feel better soon Layla. We'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...