Okay so last night Brian and I collectively wrote my creative writing assignment for humanities. I really wanted to dust off my favorite old story and tweek it just a little but instead I was honest and wrote something new but on the very same topic. Here it is hope you enjoy!
Memorial
My first day of school in ‘88
There was one just two seats down
The very next summer, when school was out
A whole family of them moved into town
Soon after, I started middle school
They appeared to mulitply
I assumed it must just be a fad
And I hoped it soon would die
So I waited it out through the rest of school
While it started getting great names
Like the “Tennesse Tophat” and the Billy Ray “do”
And basked in its hour of fame
It was then that I started beauty school
Believing it soon would be gone
But to my dismay and disbelief
It filled the entire salon
Now 20 years since my initial viewing
This style has been seen everywhere
In tabloids, in music, and Hollywood too
Is it me or does no one else care
Though now it’s diminished in most peoples eyes
And children need no longer fear
The world can’t forget that not long ago
That horrible MULLET was here
LOVE the poem. That's so good! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteHehehe! Nice.
ReplyDeleteThat is so great I loved it! Really nice job writing it!
ReplyDeleteVery clever - thanks for the laugh.
ReplyDelete