Friday, September 30

My little lemon

Well today was another fun day at the doctor's office. I love it when I am the first appointment of the day and we time to chat. He always asks how Brian is doing and what class he is in next. It is nice to know he remembers and cares, but that could be because he gets a little check in on his students for two years from now. Brian's school uses our doctor to do rotations with so I see students there a lot. 
This week we went over all the fun stuff I discussed with the specialist and planned out another test to check off the list. We tested this week for antiphospholipid syndrome. I naively assumed just one for test. No no that means five more blood draws. I am glad I did it today though because in the next visit or two I have another full blood work up which is about 5 to 10 samples. This wouldn't be a big deal for anyone else but for me and my tiny shy veins it poses quite a trial. Thankfully I had a nice patient nurse and after 10 minutes of arm massage and vein surveying she was able to find a descent one. And of course the tests they are running are pretty rare so one they couldn't find in the coding so I might have to make another run up to see the lab next week. Oh well all in the name of my little lemon. 



I am really excited to find out what little one is growing in four weeks! I see our doctor on Thursday to double check on any special measurements he wants done, the regular measurements, and of course I pee. Then Friday it is off to the specialist to check in on baby. 

I am thankful my doctor went ahead and scheduled all my appointments up until the big 28 week mark. I should be going to see him three more times and I will we seeing the specialist for 2 to 3 ultrasounds before Christmas. 

I keep thinking I have all this time to prepare but really time is flying by. Before I know it I won't be able to see my feet and I will be packing my emergency bag for early delivery. CRAZY! But it was good to check in and hear my little one's heart beat. It tends to calm me down and help me relax for a bit longer. 

Oh and on a good note I have only gained 0.6 pounds since pre-pregnancy! That makes me feel SO GOOD! When I usually check into the hospital 100+ pounds more than my start weight it is nice to know that I am keeping that to a minimum as long as humanly possible. 

So since we only have four weeks until we find out lets take a little pole and see what everyone thinks! I have NO IDEA. My mind shifts about every 2 days between them. At the top right of the blog check in and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going so well! You guys are in our prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am voting boy! I cannot wait until Friday!!!!! Always know that you and little baby are in our prayers. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...