Wednesday, August 24

Busy busy busy

Sunday I was pulled into the bishops office for a chat, about callings. I was extended a call to work on the RS board under the enrichment type committee. I happily excepted and then asked when I would be released from my current primary calling. SHOCK..... I am not getting released I am doing two callings. This made me laugh because about six months ago we had a lesson in enrichment. We went on life journey and answered questions like we would if we were crossed with the decision in our own life journey. One was this exact circumstance.

Question:  You are extended an additional calling to serve before you are able to tell the bishop that you are currently facing a lot of challenges in your life and feel like you may not be able to do all that is required of you. 

Answer:
 A) turn how the call you just can't handle any more
B) Except the call but let the bishop know your concerns but are willing to do what the Lord asks and will keep them updated on how you are handling the stress
C) except the call with no hesitation, the Lord calls you go!

I wish I could say that I am the letter C and am all good to go but No I am a B and let them know my concerns. This semester the girls start school, Brian is gone, I have two callings, and I am not just going to school part time anymore I am going to school full-time! And oh did I mention I am expecting and by the time Christmas rolls around I may be headed into a last trimester on bed rest to keep the little kid in there cooking! 

I am a bit overwhelmed but there are a few words of comfort that are keeping my head attached to my shoulders....

"God’s holy angels are ever on call to help us. The Lord so declared: “I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.” What a promise! When we are faithful, He and His angels will help us." 
-Russel M Nelson

Life isn't always easy and sometimes our burden seems to large to bare. Some days that is how it feels. Getting the girls up and out the door, keeping the house from becoming a disaster when they are home, and shoving chicken in the crock pot is a HUGE accomplishment. While others I manage to cook, clean, teach, babysit, and play all while Brian is gone my whole waking hours. But we manage simply because on days when the tears start to fall and I feel my whole to daunting, angels seems to step in and keep my children smiling or calm my nauseous tummy just long enough for me to accomplish what MUST be done. 

It is like this months VT message says, (I will paraphrase) If we fulfill our RS purpose- putting family first and striving to strengthen them, increase our faith, and look for opportunities to serve- we will have the angels round about us. And really who couldn't use some help from angels?!? 

So we are off on our adventure and we know that we will face tough days, weeks, and even months. But we work as a team in this house non of that every man for himself stuff. So as a team we will make it and hopefully grow tons from our journey! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Marilee. Out of the pot and into the fire right? Just remember that the Lord won't give us more than we can handle as long as we rely on Him. So obviously He thinks that you can do it and He trusts you! Just think of all the blessings you'll get ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt that you will be awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...