Friday, August 19

First day continued

DSCN1081_thumb2
This little girl definitely has my heart, she is my baby girl who cuddles with me every night when she has a bad dream. She is the one who kisses me sweetly and tells me how much she loves me and seriously makes me melt at least once every day. She has a personality that just makes the world brighter! Oh miss Isa I miss you every morning but I am so excited for you to finally be grown up and taking on the world for yourself!
DSCN1085_thumb1
Outside the class room and then in her new chair in class! She was so excited that out of the 7 students that are continuing from her class last year she is one of four that are in her class this year! She was happy she had friends she already knew, and so was Mom!
DSCN1087_thumb1
The sister hug goodbye! I wish when I was their age I had a sister this close. But to see sisters so absolutely there for each other is more than I could have asked for my children. And the best part is that they do this everyday when they say goodbye in the hall. They leave me outside and walk in hand in hand and they part with one last hug! Thank you girls for loving each other as much as your mama loves you two!
RSCN1095_thumb1
DSCN1088_thumb2
Outside the class room all smiles going into class!
DSCN1089_thumb1
Then we needed our name tag.


Hang up out backpack, just a hook away from where her sister hung her backpack last year!


Isa picked her seat for the day with a few girls she met at the Ice cream social. I asked her if I could stay for a minute and she said, “no Mom I am going to be just fine. You can go.” So with a hug I kissed her goodbye, turned back to take one last photo of my big girl and then left.
 I have to say that I did really good fighting back tears though my chin might or might not have quivered a bit as I hugged each girl. But then I got about 2 feet from my car and saw the empty car seats I completely and utterly lost it. I sat in my car and sobbed for about 5 minutes until I could see enough to drive home. And then when I came home to my empty house I cried a bit more. And the only thing that kept me from being a mess all day is knowing that this will not be the last kindergarten drop off in my life. If I didn’t have that to hold on to the thought of leaving my baby at school and moving on to the new phase of life would have been too much to bear!

So incase you missed that last part, we are expecting! Which may have played a part in my emotional break down in the school parking lot. Pregnant mothers should not be allowed to drop off all their kids at school by herself and then be left to drive herself home. It didn’t go as smooth as last year when Brian was there to hold my hand as the tears fell as I walked to the car. Plus last year I still had Isa!

Anyways we are on day three of school and have found a rhythm. And thankfully my little Isa and I still have the afternoon together everyday for one more year. I thought having Layla gone all day would be so much harder but it is actually perfect. I really feel like she is loving it and it makes her feel so grown up. And she is much older then I give her credit for. And nothing is better than when I pick them up and get a recap of the day and they both talk a million words a minute!

To insure chattiness the first day I made a plate of cookies and had them waiting for the girls when they each got home.


When Isa got home she gave me a play by play of her whole morning and showed me everything she brought home. And then she ate 3 cookies for lunch!
And she asks everyday when she is going to get homework, she is so excited!
So our first day was a HUGE SUCCESS I sure hope that everyone else's was just as wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had been there. Those two are beautiful and amazing. Thanks for taking the pictures and cataloging everything. So does this mean that if I come home from school smiling I get cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes honey it means that you get cookies too, that is if my little helpers don't get to them first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you guys all around! Congratulations on the new edition... I hope he/she is doing well and I'm crossing my fingers for an easier pregnancy for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...