Friday, August 19

First Day of school!

Oh Wednesday was a really big day for our little family. For the first time mama sent off both kids for school and came home to an empty house! It was weird but today, day three, it is a nice break and I am loving it! I know that Grandma is anxiously awaiting the first day of school photos so here they are with a bit of detail because I am too lazy to write a long post!

When I got up at 7 in the morning (big deal for me since I am usually up at 9) I found this little smiley girl already up and dressed! I love her and she was TRILLED to be going to 1st grade. Isa got up about 5 minutes after me and thus began our big day!
BTW these were taken before leaving, not even my beautiful girls wake up looking this GOOD!!!!
My big girl kindergartner!
The girls were SO CUTE getting ready for school together. It was like a glimpse into the future, they talked as they brushed their hair and teeth. They chatted while about their outfits and helped each other pick out the perfect socks and jewelry to match. Isa's cute moment was when she HAD to find her princess backpack because it is pink and would match best! So fun to have girls!
Layla packed her lunch for the first time and loves using her hello kitty sandwich box along with the Hannah Montana Lunch bag, girls they are comical!
I was impressed that the girls were up and out the door in time to humor their mother with the pictures I just HAD to get! But they are what will make me smile for years to come so it was worth their sometimes, really another photo mom, looks!
I absolutely LOVE these two, their smiles brighten my world!






We then headed off to school, parked, and walked across the street to join the other 400 kids in line to go inside!

Going in was kind of a mad dash but after getting through the doors the girls led the way to their classrooms. Thankfully since Isa is doing half day kindergarten her class is at the end of the hall just three doors down from her big sister. It makes it kind of nice to know that they can walk to class together everyday. And Isa is in the same room her sister was in last year so that makes her much more comfortable!


2 comments:

  1. Your girls are SO grown up!!! They certainly are beautiful! That's so fun that they get to walk into school together! One more year and my baby will be walking into school too....agh!! Time certainly goes too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marilee, they are both so beautiful. This makes me want to cry too, and they aren't even my babies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...