Sunday, November 7

A Birthday Cake postmortem

I am so stinking proud that I came up with a good cake this year. I really love to make them but seriously have the toughest time coming up with what to make. And I haven't taken the well known fondant class that is the big rage these days so if you can't do it with ordinary frosting from a can it ain't happening. So here is Layla's toy story cake. She loves it lately with her costume and the movie coming out, it was just fitting. The best part is that I love Toy Story as well. I still remember taking my little sister and Adrianne to see Toy Story 2. It is one of those movies that everyone loves. I really hope Layla likes it. As of now it is hidden in the kitchen until our family party this afternoon. I have decided to do a big birthday party for the girls every other year. Isa will get the even birthdays and Layla will get the odd ones. It works out good for us until 16 in which I am sure every year will be a big year after that.

Anyways without further adieu.......


THE CAKE

I will explain that I wanted to use some chocolate wafers but there were none at walmart so instead I went with oreo sticks. And the stars are made of starbursts that I melted and then cut out. And note to self get mini cookie cutters because cutting shapes freehand is not my strong suit. Also the pillow is made of a keebler cookie covered in starburst. And to top it all off I got the figures from the Disney store. We use these a lot in the bath tub because they have NO HOLES with mean there is no water stuck in and rotting which is totally one of my pet peeves of bath toys.

All in all this is one of my favorite cakes thus far. I think it is because it is another non princess cakes. I loved Isa's Wall-e cake last year too. And I think if I ever have a boy I am going to love the world of trains and cars and such. I will be sad when all my kids want is a cake that tastes good and I don't get to make fancy ones anymore. But at least that is why I have Brian around to bake for. He loves fun cakes and if he doesn't he is a good husband and pretends to because it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...