Sunday, October 10

Oktoberfest

I somehow thought that i posted already about our big day out but I didn't so here I am. Two weeks ago we were once again sitting at home on a saturday morning thinking what will we do today. It is our only day as a family that we can go anywhere together. Brian is so busy with school that our days come and go without him home. So as much as I am sure he wants to sit at home and do nothing we drag him all over the city finding new adventures. I remembered reading on a blog that Lee's Summit was having their Oktoberfest. I don't really head back over to the Missouri side often but I like Lee's Summit enough to go over for the day. (not that i don't like Missouri but my Blue Springs in not the same and that makes me sad)

Anyways it was a perfect overcast day. Not to hot but definitely warm enough to play. Isa of course was in a mood. One might think she is PMSing about once a day by her facial expressions and complete defiance to do something "we"suggest. If it isn't her idea she ain't doing it. And you know we deal with it pretty well for the most part. On this particular day we decided not to let it get to us. Layla was having a blast with the many free games and prizes. And the best thing is we didn't have to listen to a bunch of sales pitches because we told them the truth, we live in Kansas. They quickly kept quiet and saved their speak for those that could actually join whatever business they were part of. We however enjoyed lots of fun booths and then headed to the carnival. When we were just about out of the kids street a nice clown let Isa have a purple balloon. It is her favorite and instantly she was the happiest kid ever. And that is how it is with her.... we don't get it but it is Isa. She was such a blast from then on. They got billions of trinkets along the road to the carnival and we were so proud we hadn't spent a cent. Then carnival tickets whipped us out. We spent about 40 bucks on tickets for the rides. Trust me the free stuff is only a ploy to get you to spend all you got on games and rides.

But we don't do these things often and know that with med school it is only going to get busier over the next dozen years. So we take the moments and memories whenever we can. Here is our afternoon.









After we left the girls went out to dinner with Papa and Daddy. They had a good time and were sound sleep when i came home. I decided to hang out with my mom for dinner. We really had high hopes of going to watch the broadcast for R.S. at the church but it was not for us this year. Instead we ate dinner at the cheese cake factory, got dessert to go, changed into pj's and watched the conference in bed. Best of all we paused after every speaker and talked. We applied what they talked about to our lives. We bonded as only mother and daughters can. It was a blast and so worth not going out. I am soaking in all the time we have together because I know that 5 years will fly by and we will be moving away to our next adventure. That was out day and it was so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. blue springs isn't the same!!! that's why we lived in lee's summit! very sad day to admit i wanted to live in lee's summit, which i always considered a boonie town. but we loved it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...