Monday, October 4

a good day

I am sitting in the mall play place about to fall asleep with aching legs from walking for the entire afternoon. But my kids are happy and smiling saying "look at me mom" about every ten seconds. They are giggling and talking in half sentences as only sisters can. And suddenly I don't care that it is almost seven we haven't had dinner so it will be left over pizza night. Somedays you feel like the world is going by on fast forward but on a rare few occasions you are able to slow it down just long enough to see one of those sweet moments. Today it is seeing Layla keep track of Isa every turn she makes. And Isa mimics laylas every trick. Moments that make up the joy in motherhood. Today is a good day. Today it feels less like work. Today I am so proud to be a mother.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post. Thanks for the reminder that sometimes we just need to slow down and enjoy the moment we are in. Too soon they'll be all grown up and we'll miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, such a sweet post! I love the connection between your girls, it is so beautiful to watch.

    ps-can I have some of that leftover pizza? For some reason, it is sounding reeeal good right now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...