After reading Kristi Clews hilarious status on facebook i thought I would leave her a nice story to let her know she is not alone. And for all of you out there that have not had one of those motherly moments when you think to yourself "did I just say that" here is a good one.
For those who don't know my family is REALLY CLUMSY. It drives me crazy. Everyone and I mean everyone (brian is the worst) seems to knock over things, bump into people, and break things without realizing what is going on. The other day was a classic case of clumsiness that went awry. The girls were at the table eating lunch when layla goes on this tangent over some princess something or other. She starts flinging her arms around like a wild woman and of course knocks over a full glass of milk ALL OVER ISA. the poor thing was soaked! I was fuming mad and to top it off layla goes and says, "well that happens, I am just clumsy. Oh sorry!"
I looked at her eating her breakfast with no care to how wet and upset her sister was and .... (note this is not one of my finest moments and for all those that think I am a good mom that may change after continuing but know this is not normal behavior and i am taking steps to prevent such rash behavior) .... I picked up her glass of milk and sad "what" and poured it on her lap. The look on her face was priceless, complete and total shock that goes along with the thought "what in the world just happened?" she then ran off to her room and I went to apologize and calm my soaking children. She started to yell at me over and over about how mean I am and how I am not clumsy like her but i did it on purpose and I am always on Isa's side and on and on and on so I got yet again fed up and told her "I am sorry Layla that was a horrible thing for mom to do but i just thought for once you should get a piece of your own medicine." She then preceded to scream....."I DON'T WANT ANY MEDICINE YOU CAN'T DO IT I WON'T TAKE ANY DON'T DO IT!!!!!" And at that point I just laughed held her in my arms and then changed her into dry clothes.
I am happy to report that we seem to be friends still and we have not had any more blow ups. But just so everyone knows I am normally more controlled but for one moment I found myself having an out of body moment thinking "What in the world just happened!"
Haha! I love this!
ReplyDeleteSo funny! I'm glad to know that all moms have a "Who am I and what am I doing" moment once and a while. I'm glad you guys are still friends =)
ReplyDeleteThat is so so funny. And I can totally relate Layla. I spill stuff all the time on Bryen and Deven and the floor.
ReplyDeleteI just hope I can do that to my kids someday! Hahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteBahahaha! "You can't MAKE me take any medicine!" Ha!
ReplyDeletehahahaha! that is funny...
ReplyDeletehahaha. nice one.
ReplyDelete