Survival mode has hit a new high today! After fixing a scrambled egg and hot chocolate breakfast I got both girls dressed, hair fixed, myself dressed, and 7 loads of laundry folded. All that was left was a quick bathroom break for Layla and shoes on and we would be out the door. So I put her on the toilet had her do her thing and then put shoes on them. While putting Layla's shoes on I smelled something yucky and then it hit me; it literally hit me, a huge wet spot on both her and me. She totally peed all over us. After getting all cleaned, redressed, and starting another new load of laundry (#8) we were out the door.
When we got home the girls were happy to see that Brian was home to see us in between classes. We were trying to have a good time together, but like I said they don't like us talking or being in the same room now that we are full of love as you could say it. So Layla had a fit that we were scheduling the day without her involvement. She went hysterical and was yelling and back talking. It was one of her best tantrums I must say. Brian was in shock this was his first viewing of Layla's alter ego. And the great husband he is, he decided to take care of it for me. That went as well as I had hoped. He calmed her down and got her to say sorry or at least what i think was supposed to be sorry.
But the moment he looked at me and smiled she flipped and it was a huge tantrum again. This time i thought, hey, she needs a moment to gather herself so I will provide her with one. So i escorted her to her room and shut the door. About 5 minutes of screaming and banging on the door got her to calm down and we were back to normal, well behaved Layla.
Now in a perfect world that would be the end of my day but no no no it has only begun. Next I did a few haircuts while the girls only mildly destroyed my perfectly clean house and it was lunch time. I thought it might be nice to have cookies with our lunch so I left the table for a mere 2 minutes to get them out and pour some milk for the girls. When I turned around I saw a lunch full of spaghetti sauce all over my entire kitchen. I am not quite sure how but they didn't miss a wall, counter, curtain or ceiling. I figured it was best for everyone if it was just nap time. Surprisingly the girls went down without a fight and I had a moment to rest.
It was now getting to be my lunch time so i sat down with my comfort food and was ready for a little bit of quiet. Then it happened as if in slow motion I reached for my glass of crystal light and watched as it slowly fell to the floor changing it to a horrible shade of red. I sat for a moment in total shock. I don't know if any of you have ever tried to get red crystal light out of your carpet but let me tell you it is near impossible. So for the last 3 hours I have been cleaning the carpet with everything I can think of. I am now doing another load of laundry (#9) and have gotten the carpet to a very pale pink. I have a magical machine that gets out all stains but of course I used up all the cleaner with this morning pee pee incident! I tried to call Brian and was sad to hear his phone ringing in the next room because of course today of all days he would leave his cell phone home and is in class until 5.
In case you think that you might have had a similar day just as bad, I will let you know that I win, mine is the worst because to top it all off I have the thought of going to the doctor on Monday for what most likely is a bleeding ulcer! And on that note I hope this post will help you think, my day could have been a heck of a lot worse thank goodness I too have survived yet another day!
I am so sorry you had such a bad day, but I give you total props for getting 9 loads of laundry done in the middle of all that. I have to say, having 3 boys...I've had days like this! I know it isn't funny in the moment but give it about 2 weeks and you'll be laughing about it! I'll have to tell you about the "peanut butter and hot chocolate incident" sometime, that is a famous story in our family now!
ReplyDeleteHope everything gets worked out with the doctor on Monday...ulcers are a Thompson thing so you can thank your momma for that one! =)
Yikes! Yikes Yikes Yikes!!!! You win girl! Are you going to be okay? I couldn't figure out if you knew more about this bleeding ulcer. You went to the doctor today right? I hope things work out for you! That's really no fun!
ReplyDeleteYou're kids look really cute intheir little costumes. I will have to post ours on our blog soon. Payton looked hilarious!
Hey if you need something to write about then Tag you are it!!! I got tagged and now you have been, so check out my blog for details.
i am so sorry! you are really good at writing, though, because i feel like i was right there watching all of this! it sucks to have bad days...and it sucks to have something medically wrong. it's like a huge weight on your shoulders...so i hope you are feeling better and that you have a ton of good days to follow! hang in there...
ReplyDelete