Friday, October 19

Newlyweds all over again!

As most of you know Brian and I have been married for almost 4 years. In that time I think we have battled every trial there is out there or at least one in every category. Life hasn't been easy and somehow we have managed to get through it. But over years we have become a settled married couple. We lost that fire that kept us always coming back to each other for a whole decade. This past weekend we spent every moment together talking, I mean really talking about everything under the sun. After finally reconnecting we are like silly teenagers again. The girls are so confused and having a hard time adjusting to the new and improved MOM AND DAD. Everytime they turn around we are cuddled up on the couch, kissing in the corner, talking only inches apart, you know how it is just totally gross but cute! It is fantastic and really is a long time needed! So for all couples that have been together for more than a couple years make time to reconnect so you too can gross out your kids! And for those still gross and in love work hard to keep that! And for the hoping for marriage strive to find someone that make you rethink PDA cause you just can't get enough of them!

I always wanted to be so in love everyday that I wouldn't care if my kids saw us kissing in the kitchen every time we saw each other after a long day apart. I remember when I was 15 and went to stay with family in California. I had gone out there to get over my broken heart after Brian moved to Idaho. While staying out there I watched my Aunt and Uncle everyday come home and kiss in the kitchen. Now my parents never kissed in front of us or at least nothing more than a peak. So I thought that seeing so called "old people" kissing and all over each other would make me sick but to my surprise I thought it was awesome. I realized that is what I wanted to be older and still have that heat! I know that four years isn't very long to be married but I figure we have been together over 10 years and for just a nose graze to make me gitty like a 14 year old is quite impressive! So cheers to love and making out in the kitchen!

4 comments:

  1. See now my parents are like that; they were always kissing each other and making out in the kitchen. It was really gross from the time I was about 10 on. I used to scream go to your room when they would! After I moved out and realized that most parents didn't make out in front of their kids I really appreciated the love they had for each other and the expression of it. Now that I'm married I am so blessed to have a hubby who will do the same and now I gross my siblings out! Keep it up it's so important to express affection when you can, especially w/ kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you are so funny! you guys are cute, i'm glad you found that flame again...heck it sounds like a full blown fire!!! keep it up...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I was wondering if the "family" you were talking about was my parents!!! They used to make out in front of us all the time and you can imagine the scoldings they would get from all of us, but I always felt blessed to have parents who are so in love! I read in your later post that your girls are getting jealous and having a hard time adjusting....that is so funny because it just proves that jealousy over love is a total GIRLY thing! Aren't we funny! When Mike and I are making out on the couch all three of my boys come to join in! They want just as many kisses as daddy. If I want a kiss from one of my boys and they won't give it to me all I have to do is kiss Mike and they are all over me!! I am sooooo glad to hear how in love you and your hubby are. I love your comment on rethinking PDA-it is so true!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...