Thanks to a special little someone's BIRTHDAY we slimmed down our bucket list for the summer. Miss Isa turned the big number 5! Our morning was filled with a movie (thank you summer movie passes) and then lunch and a trip to Jumping Jax. The girls had a blast and completely wore themselves out.
Of course no birthday isn't complete without a bit of DRAMA and it must come late at night.
The night before the big birthday when mom and dad just want to go to bed early the birthday informs us that she is so excited to see what ballons we have planned for her to wake up to. Because of course one year we did balloons in the morning for the kids so that must mean it is a new tradition! Then I thought I will get them at 10 when I go to the grocery store to get eggs and oil for the cake.... except that would require a purse and mine was left in my mother's car. Oh no worries I will call my sister and pick it up on my way to her walmart (a block away) and dare making it out with some sort of dignity because there is a scarey crowd there at night. You know the hit on you while holding their woman's hand kind of crowd!
Anyways then I realized that I infact can't go get it because my parents are in bed and my sister is out. So we dig up enough money around the house to get the ballons and pick up the rest in the morning. This goes against all birthday plans because I DO NOT MAKE THE CAKE THE DAY OF!!!! I did this for layla's first birthday and she ended up with a mama in tears and a store bought cake. I do it the night before so I don't have a crisis twenty minutes before the guests arrive.
Thankfully the cake turned out PERFECT and as Isa says "it was just perfect mom and nothing like I thought I wanted!"
Here are the last shots of the night and a whole lot more for me to admire, my little Isa darling is such a cute!
This little one woke up from her nap and thought all the presents were hers.... in her defense it was her birthday exactly a week before.
Our beautiful birthday girl! WE LOVE YOU MISS ISA.
Happy number 5!
We love your smile, laugh, kindness, singing when no one is around, and even your stare! They make you, you, and we love you SO SO MUCH!!!!
That was quite the birthday haul! Happy birthday Miss Isa! I think you and Nyah would be good friends... You should talk your mom and grandma into visiting New Mexico! :-)
ReplyDeleteI can hardly believe she's 5 and Layla is 6. Where did all that time go??
ReplyDeletePS..Mia's baby girl is DARLING. And PPS, your cake turned out amazingly! Nice work yo!