Monday, March 29

The things kids pick up

The girls have lots of things they say over the course of the day that have me thinking I should watch what I say or I will have two mini mes walking around and I am not sure that is a good thing. Here are some new phrases or funny quotes we hear around here everyday.

"WHAT THE HECK?" this is said anytime something does not go as planned or if they find something surprising. Good thing we DO NOT swear or this one would be dangerous!

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" This is said everyday because it always follows something spilling and unfortunately things spill EVERY DANG DAY! BLAH!

"FOR REAL?" Layla uses this one a lot. Anytime you tell her something she just thinks we made up which I swear I don't do very often, this comes out!

"OUT OF MY BUBBLE!" I taught the girls about personal space last week. They tend to be so close to me that I feel their breath while they speak and it makes me CRAZY! So I put my arms out and say when they came to talk to me they must stay out of the bubble or I miss half of what they say. Now Layla uses it against Isa. It is funny though. The other day Layla was running around the house saying "you are in my bubble get out get out, get out of my bubble" while Isa ran after her giggling trying to "pop" her bubble with her finger. I know I shouldn't laugh but it is SO FUNNY!

"THIS HAS GOT AN ISSUE" My mom is to blame for this one. Every time something isn't working especially electronic equipment my mom says that it has an issue. Layla says this ALL THE TIME.... while Isa carries around the remotes. She has become a remote crazy kid. She is totally in charge of the TV at all times and LOVES to skip chapters so she can watch her favorite part over and over and over again until you want to scream. But it is so stinking hard to yell at that adorable child so, we hide the remote at about 11 and don't seem to find it until 7 pm!

"Truth" Layla tells me this when she is making up wild stories. She can see the look in my eyes like I am on to her and she just blurts it out. It goes like this,

Layla: "dad says that we can have 2 cookies now that he is home."
Mom: "wait until he gets out of the shower so I can ask him."
Layla:"He said we need to finish them before he get done.... TRUTH! For real mom he said it, Truth!"

At this point I just sit there until she gets the point that I am not falling for it to which she yells another key phrase,

"YOU HURT MY FEELINGS" This is yelled anytime the girls do not get their way. And they ALWAYS yell it when they get a punishment. We get yelled at everyday for putting our foot down and not allowing the children to run our home. Go Figure right!

"YOU ARE MAKING ME CRAZY" I say this a lot and now I hear it about every hour. The girls just seem to follow each other round annoying the crap out of each other all day long. And they tell each other this right before they get seriously upset. At least they have learned that you say this before you actually get upset and yell or put someone in time out, or better yet hide in the bathroom crying for a few minutes. (p.s. they don't do the last one that is just me!) Anyways we thought they might like time apart to stop bugging each other but that if just followed by my personal favorite....

THE LOOK! Does any other parent get "the Look" from their kids. You know that you are SO DUMB MOM look. I get it a lot and really don't know why I truly think I am being helpful or smart. But as I have learned over the last month. I know nothing, my children are so much smarter then me, I should really just let them be the adults and I will watch tv and play all day right!

I hope to capture these of film soon for your viewing pleasure. So for now imagine me hiding behind corners with camera in hand trying not to laugh as to make the video shake! See I made you smile just thinking of it!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. OK, I was laughing out loud at the "out of my bubble" and Layla running around saying it and Isa chasing her trying to pop her bubble. HILARIOUS!

    Also, "This has got an issue."!!!!! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! Isn't this all the truth, as Layla would say. Seriously, one slip of the lips and kids will repeat it forever. I love the bubble one! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...