Wednesday, June 26

The next stage for us

Brian is taking his COMLEX exam today and then takes the USMLE exam next month. For those who don't know what in the world I am talking about they are the osteopathic and M.D. licensing exams. He will get to take the rest of this week off and then go back to studying 18 hours a day until July 11th. Once those exams are done and we take a quick trip to see family. Then he will be back and doing rotations here in Kansas City. Thankfully he will be in town for this year accept one month in Nebraska. Hopefully we will keep busy that month and maybe he can come home one weekend if it isn't too crazy.

Summer is here which means that we are home ALL THE TIME trying to keep ourselves busy and cool. It isn't that hot temp wise but man it is humid this year. If I am not in the pool I am cozy somewhere with air conditioning. I am spoiled and hate to sweat, mostly because I hate doing laundry in the heat. We have been swimming almost everyday. The kids absolutely LOVE to swim especially Damon. The girls are at the stage where I don't even have to help them I can just sit back and let them play checking in every so often to make sure everyone is doing alright, it is nice.

Damon is adjusting pretty well with having sisters home all day. He loves playing with them but they don't always want to play with him. I think maybe just maybe it is because his idea of playing is destroying all their hard work! But that is just a hunch!

Anyways I am working on trying to alter my degree right now seeing that going to get my master's isn't going to happen until later. Thus I want to up my degree so that I can get more of the job I want right out of school. I really love counseling however I also love to work directly with kids. So I am going to work on getting ready to work within the school district which means a few more classes. I will take my time with them since I am getting increasingly busy lately.

I was just asked to serve in our church as the Young Women's 2nd counselor. I will be teaching and working with the 12-13 year old girls. I am really excited to be with the youth. It is funny because I have spent the last few semesters taking childhood classes and this semester I have solely studied adolescents. I love this stage in life, it is fascinating! I was shocked to be called, trust me I almost fell out of my seat, however I also wanted to jump up and cheer! Layla is just a couple years away from this stage so I am excited to work with some great girls and get a little ready to have a preteen of  my own.

Thankfully I have a little break from school PTO duties before planning next year. The end of July we jump back into it all. I am going to stay on one more year as the 2nd Vice President so between that, school, Young Women's, the kids and all their activities, and supporting Brian while he is gone on rotations I think I will be plenty busy!

All in all we are doing absolutely great! We are busy and stressed. However we are closer then ever before and you know that is what counts. When life gets busy and rough we pull together and support on another. I have never been so happy in my marriage and family life then I am now. It is kind of amazing. A few of Brian's friends don't really understand how with all our stress and crazy schedules we are not only staying strong but so madly in love! And I don't think they could ever fully understand that it is a blessing from our Father in Heaven for following him day in and day out. We didn't just get married in his holy house but we work everyday to be close to Him. We serve where we can and always strive to live a life he would be proud of. And from that we are blessed with unending love and strength. Sometimes you just want to shout it from the roof tops. However if you know us well at all you know we are quiet so we simply live our lives and hope we can be an inspiration and example to someone somewhere.

So these photos that I have put at the end here are totally random. They are not anything specific except highlights of our life and some of the many joys we have been able to capture. (Sorry for the low quality I am horrible at charging our camera so I am totally a cell phone girl capturing photos when I can amidst the chaos.)







BIG THING THESE DAYS- READING
The girls are blowing through books (and I am trying to as well) 
We love to get cozy and read but with our busy guy around that isn't always possible. However the girls are doing really well! 
 






After the BUSY time shopping Damon found a cart to nap in. Pretty HILARIOUS if you ask me! 








2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad y'all are so happy! Holy Toleto, you're busy though! Good luck doing it all next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited to have you in YW with me!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...