This past week my wonderful husband has been gone for a rotation in rural Kansas. He is four hours away so it isn't horrible. And he was able to come home for the weekend and leaves again tomorrow for another week. Since third and fourth year he will be doing many away rotations for three to six weeks straight we thought this was a good little test run for our family. It was a bit scary when I thought of myself taking care of all three kids on my own with them home 24 hours a day. After our week I am happy to say that we did great. The girls missed daddy terribly, Damon doesn't seem to notice too much as long as I keep him fed and close by my side, and I felt like I was missing my other half come night time where there is no one to snuggle with.
I am used to waking up by myself. Many nights Brian never comes to bed until four in the morning so that isn't a huge difference. And I get up in the morning and he is almost already gone to school. However sometime in the night some where we meet up to snuggle on the couch. I inevitably fall asleep with in a half hour max and he will wake me to help me back into our bed. Well when I woke up on the couch at 2 in the morning there was no one to shuttle me back. I was of course scared of the dark (I am and always will be scared) so I turned on all the lights, did the through check of the house and all the kids rooms and all the showers, then headed to bed to turn on something to fall asleep to. I can say it never took too long to fall asleep since I am still trying to finish the same episode of One Tree Hill I started Monday night.
We are all proud that we can make it through a week without Dad without too much hiccup. There were tears from the kids but to say I made it on my own in 100+ heat, with three kids, no school or distractions, and a birthday to celebrate and I had a smile and never a tear shed from me is a HUGE feet. Now week two hopefully will go just as well!
We are whittling down our summer bucket list a bit but hopefully with get at least 5-10 things done this week. Here is this years list.
So what is on your bucket list this summer? Wish us luck this next week and hopefully we will capture a few of our bucket list adventures on camera to share!

Good for you! I'm so impressed at your bucket list! Mine is basically to just survive...and spend a lot of time at the pool ;) We ought to meet us sometime and lounge in the water where it's cool. I need to cuddle that littlest one of yours!
ReplyDelete