Crazy me I thought that meant the beginnings of an easy day. instead as we got out of the car and walked into church only two minutes past the hour I had a terrible meeting with a pot hole in the cement. my ankle rolled, I attempted to straighten and correct, but alas it didn't work and it was a slow motion fall to the ground.
Since my sweet Damon now weights about 15 pounds we thought it would be easier to carry just him in then him PLUS the carseat. I seriously regretted this decision as I was now falling face first to the ground with him in my arms. I was able to think quick and react as best I could to protect my sweet man. I got my left knee down first with quiet the hit hoping to stop there. (at this point I am sending out a huge thank you in my mind for my last minute change into a long thick skirt.) Unfortunately we didn't stop there we continued to fall completely down. I held Damon tight to my body bracing his head in my hand and used my other hand to take the impact as I slide the rest of the way to the ground.
I quickly rolled over FREAKING OUT to assess the damage. Damon had a scratch on his nose, lip, knees, ankles, and his thumb. all I noticed on myself wad a torn up hand from sliding it on the cement, nice road burn! we headed inside to clean up and check Damon for additional injuries. once we realized his thumb was smashed hard between me and the ground we decided to take him to the E.R. of course I say we but really I was set that we were going and Brian knew not to argue with the guilt stricken mother trying to keep from crying.
Of course I left my wallet with our insurance cards at home along with my emergency first aid kit. So we headed to children's mercy south since Damon was already in the system from his surgery.
we checked in I got bandaged up and headed in to check out our guy. he thankfully didn't hit his head so he was doing well. However that poor thumb was getting worse as time went on. we took him in for x-rays to check for a fracture. Thankfully it was okay so we put on a splint, cleaned and bandaged his cuts, fed him to check that he would eat without trouble or pain. As we headed home around twelve I realized slowly how banged up I got. I brused both knees tearing up one pretty good, had bruises up and down my legs and ankles, my lovely torn up hand and palm, the back of my other hand, and a very sore body that was slowly getting more painful as the adrenalin wore off.






No comments:
Post a Comment